Partners
2.1K members online now
2.1K members online now
Community space to get to know one another, talk about marketing and advertising strategy
Guide Me
star_border

Google Will Pay you $6,006.13 for Finding a Bug

Top Contributor
# 1
Top Contributor

Happy Tuesday Y'all.  Here's an interesting tidbit if you find a "bug" on AdWords, AdWords Editor, etc.    

Google said in 2015 it paid out more than $2 million to over 300 bug hunters – equal to around $6,000 per payout... or $6,006.13 / GOOGLE.  

I wonder what sort of bug would be considered for this.  Or if any reported bug on AdWords resulted in a payout.  Would be an amazing story to tell clients.  Smiley Happy 

*The person who briefly owned google.com was refunded the $12.00 and given a $6,006.13 payment on top.  Very Google like.   

6 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Google Will Pay you $6,006.13 for Finding a Bug

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
I thought the bug bounty was for code and not for features no?
There's quite a few bugs in GA and there's bugs in the AdWords API & AWQL. I think that the bounty is for security related issues only. I might be wrong though.

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

I think there must be some very specific rules/conditions for such payouts.  Those of us here who are TCs/RSs find and report bugs all the time but (unless I'm mistaken) haven't received any $6,000 payouts yet.

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

I had the same thought, @Jon_Gritton. We'd all be retired if that were the case. Smiley Happy

Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor
Hey wait a second, I just found a bug and reported it yesterday and got a real nice email from Google, didn't say anything about 6K? I am bugging out this weekend, on the hunt... If I could cash out 1 bug a quarter than would be nice additional stream to hire another employee...Or wait hire an employee, pay them 3K a month to find 6K bugs.....Is there an application we need to fill out?

Spencer Wade, AdWords, G+ & WebSearch Platinum Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here
Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | Directory | Partner

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor
I'm looking for that application too... Smiley Happy

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor
Haha... Very true.

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor
I'm not sure what they are? I've looked for them, but it's a mystery. I would love to see the specific rules as well.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

i am using gmail from 2002 and I am always getting email from different recipients which they send to md.roshan@gmail.com. Google Please fix this bug in email sending to wrong recipients.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

which email Address do i need to send , when I find bug in gmail