AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Partners
2.7K members online now
2.7K members online now
Community space to get to know one another, talk about marketing and advertising strategy
Guide Me
star_border

Google Tag Manager News

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi there,

I didn't know where to post it (in the german speaking community there's a board for Google Tag Manager within the Google Analytics section, which is missing here, but, hey, we're missing the data studio sections, because it isn't released outside the U.S. yet...), so I took this board.

The Google Analytics/Google Tag Manager team released some great news today:

https://analytics.googleblog.com/2016/08/enterprise-class-tag-management.html

There are two detailed blog posts from Simo Ahava, discussing that improvements, the revamped UI and the workspaces:

http://www.simoahava.com/analytics/google-tag-manager-workspaces/

http://www.simoahava.com/analytics/revamped-user-interface-in-google-tag-manager/

Really, really awesome, they did a great job, thx!

Aloha

Arne

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Google Tag Manager News

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Arne Kriedemann

Thanks for sharing!  There is also an entire Google Analytics community attached here where there are likely to be many more folks who work in GTM that may be interested in these changes.  

I just so happen to have a couple of GTM projects I need to work on this week and will definitely be giving the new UI and 'workspaces' a run through.

I had to chuckle as I was reading Simo's posts this morning at him groaning about how many previous posts he needs to update to properly reflect these changes.  I hope he can get some help!  

-Tommy

Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Tommy,

thanks a lot for your answer.

Of course I know that there is the section for Google Analytics, but tell me the board in which I should post that news and I will...

And I think a lot of GTM users will be excited!

Good luck and much success for your GTM projects.

Best regards

Arne

P.S.: Simo will accomplish this task in no time... ;-)

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
I know what you mean. I think that because there is a separate tag manager forum, there is no specific board here.

-Tommy

Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Hi @Arne Kriedemann,

Thanks for the info. Keep us informed of what you discover with it and share any tips, too. 

This is a great community to share this with. If you find yourself wanting to get technical (not just share info) with GTM, this category in the Analytics community here is where we dive into it. If you visit the link and use the search tool at the top of the page and search GTM or Tag Manager, you will find plenty of meat of the bones. 

Kind Regards,

James