Partners
1.6K members online now
1.6K members online now
Community space to get to know one another, talk about marketing and advertising strategy
Guide Me
star_border

Google My Business - Thumbs Up on Reviews

Top Contributor
# 1
Top Contributor

Google My Business is rolling out a new update that gives reviewers the power to "thumbs up" a review left on a business. This should bring more focus to those real reviews and bring more engagement, too. 

google-my-business-thumbs-up.png

3 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Google My Business - Thumbs Up on Reviews

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Funny that you mention, "Real Reviews", I came across this video yesterday regarding the paid reviews and paid reviewers on Amazon. It's quite amazing how biased and much impact these paid reviews are having on overall ratings.

Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor
Anything to help reviews I'm for. I love reviews. In the auto industry, it's something largely ignored until it's too late.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi @PPCBossman, yes I agree. 

And as @Tony_Guo, I am a big fan of reviews... but I do need them to be real and completely legitimate, too. I am glad to see any movement with Google Reviews and hope that a better review of reviews comes along, and with a more robust flagging system.

Kind Regards,

James

Badged Google Partner
# 5
Badged Google Partner
Nice! That's awesome.

Badged Google Partner
# 6
Badged Google Partner
Great announcement @James_Clemens,

I've been a big fan of reviews from years ago when I first went into business and it is great to see Google stepping up people leaving reviews.

A recent statistic published by Think With Google is that 75% of online shoppers look at reviews and impacts their purchase decisions.

Here is a recent article on the subject that I posted on Google +

https://plus.google.com/+MollyYoungbloodGeiger/posts/9zY91aJodQf

Google My Business - Thumbs Up on Reviews

Badged Google Partner
# 7
Badged Google Partner

This is why Google Local Guides are for! Provides real good reviews on businesses! #LocalGuides @Karen V C Smiley Wink