AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Partners
4.2K members online now
4.2K members online now
Community space to get to know one another, talk about marketing and advertising strategy
Guide Me
star_border

Gmail Keeping Track of Other's Team Members

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Gmail, how do you keep track of who is to be included in emails?  It seems lately that every other email includes a notation that another person or team member should be copied or included on future emails.  Is the best approach to make a group in gmail contacts and keep adding the other people/team members to that group? Or is there a way that I can include all of the add-on team members automatically when I insert the first contact as a recipient?

As an example:  if I am sending an email to John Smith, and John Smith requested that any emails include his team members Mary, Steve, Bob and Dave, is there a way to automatically link Mary, Steve, Bob and Dave to my contact info for John Smith, with the end result being that all five people are automatically included on the email's "to" section?

It is getting impossible to remember all of the people who should be included on emails, especially with the number of add-ons ever growing, on a case by case basis.

Thanks in advance.

Tracey

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Tracey Banning
April

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Tracey,

After years of business operations, I have found that creating groups and adding people to them, as needed, is the best way for me. It really comes down to what you like to do as there is no best practices way that works best for everyone. 

Kind Regards,

James

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Tracey Banning
April

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Tracey,

After years of business operations, I have found that creating groups and adding people to them, as needed, is the best way for me. It really comes down to what you like to do as there is no best practices way that works best for everyone. 

Kind Regards,

James