Partners
2.1K members online now
2.1K members online now
Community space to get to know one another, talk about marketing and advertising strategy
Guide Me
star_border

GPC Bat Signal

Top Contributor
# 1
Top Contributor

Greetings,

I was wondering if we are still using the #GPCBatSignal (seems unlikely) or some other form of signaling for help like we used in the old GPC?

Thanks in advance... and be Google Great.

6 Expert replyverified_user

Re: GPC Bat Signal

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

I don't think hashtags will work in the new community. Plus it isn't' GPC anymore. So #GPCBatSignal is def a no go. But is there an equivalent? @Yvonne L

Julia Muller,
AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the 'Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Community Manager
# 3
Community Manager

Thanks, so much for posting this, @James_Clemens. We hadn't thought about it, but have now come up with a solution. I'll post it here later today.

Badged Google Partner
# 4
Badged Google Partner
Ooh. Good point!! +J Clemens. I don't think that is tagging you, either, shoot. New interface problems!

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Very welcome, @Google Partners... happy to be of help!

@Julia_Muller, that is correct. A new system will have to devised, which Yvonne is working on. Woohoo! 

@rachelle h, you have to click the full editor (quick mode will not work) and use the @ symbol.  But when you use the full editor, you will gain autosave and a ton of style effects. So, it's like getting free popcorn at the movie theater. Cat Very Happy I think you will really like the features incorporated in the full editor mode. 

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

@James_Clemens it may be that the Bat Signal isn't really required on this board.  As I understand it, on the GPC it was needed to make it easy to find important posts amongst the stream, mainly because G+ doesn't make it easy to find posts without comments.  Here we not only have tools that allow us to easily find unanswered topics (there's a menu item right on the left here), but we (TCs and RSs) also have a responsibility to answer all posts within a certain time after posting.  In short, if you post a question that needs an answer, it should get one within a couple of hours, without there being any need to draw special attention to it.

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

Hi @Jon_Gritton, with there being no direct sub-forum for asking for help, it will leave members stuck waiting for someone to help and will also make the forums a bit messy. While I can certainly find my way around here (never had troubles on G+ PC), people not familiar with forums will be a bit taxed. 

It does sound great, in theory, that all threads and posts will be answered in a couple of hours, however, we already have members, partners, TC and more seeking help in threads that went for a day or two and having to ask in multiple threads. Just wait until we get really busy here!

We have to remember that just because someone is a top contributor in the old GPC, which means they provided an exceptional level of Adwords/Partner related content... it does not make them seasoned in these new (new to many) forums on the Advertiser Community. Some of our most talented posters in the old G+ community are staying away from these boards as they find them too different to be comfortable. 

I believe there has to be some standard tool/function to handle help, like we had on G+ with the bat signal. Just trying to look ahead and think about some of these issues. I grew up in forums, develop vBulletin forums and have a lot of experience with them (and large member bases). I truly believe the learning curve will be steep for those sticking to G+ and new to forums in general. I would even expect some to not migrate here at all, as some people simply hold hate for forums. 

Thanks for adding to this thread, it's great to have you over here! Happy Friday... cheers!

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor

Hi @James_Clemens well, there's an instant solution right there.  Ask for a dedicated Help category!  However, bear in mind that AdWords and Analytics and Business already have established help forums so any posting here would have to be specific to Partner issues and, to be honest, it's hard to imagine what they might be given that exam problems are already handled in the AdWords forum, so that just leaves issues with Partner status (BP bar, etc.) most of which we can't answer because they're caused by internal (Googler only access) issues.

Bear in mind it's not just GPC TCs that are "patrolling" these boards.  The existing AdWords TCs and RSs will be looking in and helping out.  That patrolling is likely slow at the moment because, until very recently, there was no activity in these topics (other than mod posts).

We're quite used to being busy.  Many of the TCs and RSs here have been working these boards for many years, at a very substantial post count.

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits

Top Contributor
# 9
Top Contributor

I do understand, @Jon_Gritton. I would still expect the GPC members that are yet to migrate here to run into issue so a dedicated help sub-forum for the Partner's area could be ideal. 

I would add that the Partner boards here cover more than just Partner issues, as we even have a Adwords/MCC sub-forum, so there will be more than just Partner issues discovered and resolved here. 

It is great to hear that there is a solid help team in place for when it does get busy here. I know it will. Robot wink

Community Manager
# 10
Community Manager

Hang in a little longer. I'm writing up a solution that will help tag items as urgent, and incorporates many of the ideas @Jon_Gritton has discussed earlier in the thread.