Partners
1.8K members online now
1.8K members online now
Community space to get to know one another, talk about marketing and advertising strategy
Guide Me
star_border

Freelancer Infographic

Top Contributor
# 1
Top Contributor

Upwork and the Freelancer Union posted this infographic.  I'm usually not a fan of infographics, but I did find this one interesting.

Where do you draw the line in considering yourself a freelancer/contractor or an agency?  I think I'm a mix of both.  It seems that more and more people are moving toward freelancing careers and they are making more $$ doing so!  More money and less corporate red tape - What's not to love??

Why did you choose to freelance?  Do you agree/disagree with these statements?

upwork.jpg

2 Expert replyverified_user

Freelancer Infographic

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Shanee_Kirk,

Those are some impressive stats and it's great to consider how all of those people are enjoying their life more by being independent in their movements. The local economies are fueled, as are their families... yet the cost to the employers are less since they are not providing the overhead of a typical full-time employee.

I see it as "the middle" between being self employed and working for someone. I don't think everyone would be a good fit for this, since there is much more freedom (like being self employed), but anyone that can push themselves and stay motivated would do really well with this type of role. 

I can only see this tread increasing as time moves forward and think the pros far outweigh the cons.

Thanks for the share. I did make me think further on it.

Kind Regards,

James 

Freelancer Infographic

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

hi 

I am a freelancer and started working on some freelancing sites. i am a bit dissapointed the infograph had most of its information on the presidential election coz am not from the US so it has little value to me. 

The other snippets are very informative though especially the bit that says that freelancers add $1 trillion to the economy. that is amazing.

In my opinion freelancing is great because it lets me work my own hours. many people would say it lets you work fewer hours but i say the opposite. i love it because i can work many hours - workaholic - and i get a lot of satisfaction from it. 

regards,

Zaby

Freelancer Infographic

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

YES!  You have to be intrinsically motivated b/c you don't have "employee of the month".  AND, no one remembered me on "Boss's Day" this week.  haha!  But, you do have to be motivated - We have to hustle and sell constantly.  Each day I spend a little bit of time prospecting.

Freelancer Infographic

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

I've from the US and I didn't really find the value in the voting stuff either.  It pretty much shows that freelancers are the same as everyone else.  Which is kind of true.  The only "political" things that I can think of that would greatly affect freelancers is healthcare and taxes.  Health insurance is such a pain for self-employed!