Partners
2.9K members online now
2.9K members online now
Community space to get to know one another, talk about marketing and advertising strategy
Guide Me
star_border

Feedback on the Community forum

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Didn't know where else to put this, couldn't find a support or feedback thread that was prominent.

So I don't know if it's like this for everyone else, but it would be great if when typing a quick reply you could actually tag people in the post like you can in the full reply editor, that would save a lot of time. 

Also, whenever I do open the full reply editor, it almost never loads my captcha, I always have to refresh or try to post and fail and then it loads a captcha. Annoying and makes me lose posts sometimes.

Finally, when you do switch from a quick reply to the full reply editor it would be nice if it saved the text you had already written so you don't have to retype it all.

4 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Spike M
May 2016

Re: Feedback on the Community forum

Community Manager
# 5
Community Manager
I think you can tag someone, but they don't appear in the popup list. It works OK if the person is already in the thread.

View solution in original post

Community Manager
# 2
Community Manager
Your comments have been noted.

Thanks.

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor
@Spike M I am trying it in the quick reply window from my iPhone :-)

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
I was able to tag you ok using the quick reply window
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Spike M
May 2016

Community Manager
# 5
Community Manager
I think you can tag someone, but they don't appear in the popup list. It works OK if the person is already in the thread.

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 7
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
@yvonne L @Trevor_Stewart @MikeJohnston
Let's see if this worked, just did this in the quick reply . . .

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 8
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Well it seems to work for everyone but @Google Partners, it can't handle the space in the nameSmiley Tongue

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 9
Top Contributor

The quick reply editor on a desktop/laptop will not populate a user name by adding the @ symbol. Only the full editor will... which is standard (quick reply not being all that capable) on most forums. The quick reply is just meant to quickly make a comment, fast & light... and the full reply editor is used to construct a full message, add photos, videos, stylize, etc.

Phones and mobile devices do handle things a bit differently, but on a desktop/laptop, this is how it works.

Robot Happy The answer to this would be to have a setting in our personal options that allows the full editor to show instead of the quick reply. Right now we can only choose to show the HTML editor or the Rich Text Editor. When I build forums for clients, some want the quick reply to be the default and some want this turned off completely and for the full editor to show always. It serves no purpose (for most) to show the HTML as default since it is for writing/editing in raw code. This feature is mostly ideal for editing a message after the fact or doing something more robust. 

Lithium serves a HTML editor, a quick reply editor and a full rich text editor.... Spike and many others basically wants the "full rich text editor" as a set it and forget it option for all messaging. Actually, I want this, too.