Partners
2K members online now
2K members online now
Community space to get to know one another, talk about marketing and advertising strategy
Guide Me
star_border

Does blogging help your Google ranking?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Does blogging on your wordpress website often impact your google ranking or does it get ranked on the content and the quality of the content? I am a wedding photographer and my ranking changes so often so quickly, is this common?

Regards

Mark

4 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Mark,

Ranking is all about providing a quality & relevant user experience for people online. And within this stack of greatness, content is king! As long as you keep your online properties aligned with"quality & relevant" and do not veer off into spammy & fake, your blogging posts are well received and used well. Also, fresh content is golden, which is why making regular posts to your online properties is super good, too. 

Kind Regards,

James

Google Small Business Advisor
# 3

@mark b Creating content is great, but like @James_Clemens shares, make sure it's fresh and relevant. Also, I always write our content with the intent to sell. If I'm going to take the time to write, I always include a strong call-to-action at the end.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Where are you getting this information regarding your "Google ranking"?

Mike

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

What is classed as a strong call-to-action Brandon?

# 6

@mark b a strong call-to-action is something like "download this guide" or "purchase now" or "subscribe to receive daily content" or something along these lines. I say strong because it guides the person to the next action they can take.

Re: Does blogging help your Google ranking?

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 7
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

The best explanation I've heard of what makes a strong call to action is that it should finish the sentence "I want to..."

This lines up with some of the previous examples:

• I want to... Download a Free Guide
  • I want to... Purchase Now
  • I want to... Subscribe to receive daily content

I hope this helps.

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

You will not rank in search results for a given query if the content does not exist on your website. Publishing articles is an easy method to get indexed for more longtail keywords, thus increasing your chance to show up in more search results. Internal linking of target keywords between articles and pages on your site will positively impact your Google rankings. Use structured data Enhance your appearance in Google Search results. And use Amplified Mobile Pages (AMP) to jump to the top of search results on mobile. 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

HI Mark, yes a blog is one of the best ways to rank in organic search. I've used blogging to rank on page 1 especially in a relatively non-competitive area & field.  Basically think of blogging for all the equestions people ask who are looking for services.  You can also use Google Adwords or a paid tool to find keywords for your niche.  Focus on long tail, 4 or more word long terms. 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I need to learn more about structured date and Amplified Mobile Pages (AMP) - thanks for the links!