AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Partners
3.4K members online now
3.4K members online now
Community space to get to know one another, talk about marketing and advertising strategy
Guide Me
star_border

Do your clients take an interest in the Display Network?

Top Contributor
# 1
Top Contributor

If you’ve been working with AdWords for a while, you’ve likely come across those clients who love to give their opinion when it comes to keyword research for the Search Network. In fact, I find that clients can be quite enthusiastic about the Search Network in general. I can’t say the same for the Display Network though, as clients over the years have simply left me to do my own thing without providing much input at all.

I was therefore wondering whether you’ve encountered the same. Do your clients take an interest in the Display Network?

ScottyD, AdWords Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.
2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Do your clients take an interest in the Display Network?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
I have a few clients that have developed very detailed customer Persona profiles. These can sometimes be a great help for the display network or very frustrating (when you can't find the right mix of affinity groups to match the persona).

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
Not so much from most of our clients. While some are very interested in the Display Network, even those who are don't have much to say about targeting. I think for a lot of clients the targeting is harder to grasp for Display that it is for search. On top of that, since most of our clients are ecommerce, the display network tends to not be as profitable as Shopping or Search.

Badged Google Partner
# 4
Badged Google Partner
Great topic, @ScottyD. I can definitely relate to your common situation of clients letting you do your own thing, and not asking or having much interest in the Display Network. M
That said, I personally love it for our internal projects, and the startups we work with definitely have interest in it (which I don't align to a traditional client - typically high budget for short campaign sprints, or looking for education and a structured foundation they then run with, than an on-going management relationship).