AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Partners
4K members online now
4K members online now
Community space to get to know one another, talk about marketing and advertising strategy
Guide Me
star_border

Device Bid Adjustments

Top Contributor
# 1
Top Contributor

Has anyone seen these live yet?  Anyone know when they are going live?  I honestly can't wait.  We will now be able to create true "mobile only" campiagn.  We can also get rid of those pesky tablets that don't seem to be converting!

Changes in Google AdWords Bidding

At the Google Performance Summit in May, Google announced it will be making changes in how AdWords bidding will be made for devices. Going forward, bidding will be broken up for desktop, tablet and mobile. According to Sridhar Ramaswamy, senior vice president of Ads and Commerce at Google, the change lets marketers, “Anchor your base keyword bid to the device most valuable to your business and then set bid adjustments for each of the other devices. ” When you are setting up the bidding for your ad campaign, you can set a default bid for mobile and then have the option to set the bid adjustments for tablet and desktop.

Full Article on Upcoming Changes

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Device Bid Adjustments

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Shanee_Kirk,

Nothing yet on our end.  We happen to have accounts right now that are in the new UI Alpha and just this week were granted access to ETAs.  I've been keeping a keen eye out for signals regarding the new device bidding options and have found nothing so far - I thought they may be tied to one of these recent changes but it appears that is not the case - at least not for me. 

Soon™ Smiley Happy

-Tommy

Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’