Partners
4.2K members online now
4.2K members online now
Community space to get to know one another, talk about marketing and advertising strategy
Guide Me
star_border

DayParting

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Are there any verticals you think dayparting wouldn't be a viable option?

3 Expert replyverified_user

Re: DayParting

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Great question Ryan especially these days where we are constantly plugged in with tablets and smartphones. With daily habits and structure comes routine, this why dayparting is hard to avoid as a marketer in today's world.

To find a vertical that wasn't dependant on time zone, weather, season or hour of the day would make it tough to leverage data, or is it even possible at all? Does such business exist in the world today?

Maybe it is just the way we think now.....

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hey Ryan,

Nice to see you, I see Trevor has jumped in, I just wanted to share a new article that was written a few days ago, wanted to pass it along will give you some ideas.

How Dayparting Can Help You Tap Into Consumer Micro-Moments

Good Luck! 

Spencer Wade, AdWords, G+ & WebSearch Platinum Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here
Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | Directory | Partner

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi @Ryan G I love the idea of day-parting but I'm always a little nervous about using it.

On the one hand, it's easy to look at some extensive stats (perhaps over several months, thousands of clicks) and see that 2pm-3pm is your best time for converting, so let's schedule to boost for that time period.  7pm-9pm gets a lot of clicks but terrible conversions, so let's drop the bids during that time.  Seems logical, yes?

But what if the clicks between 7 & 9 are people researching the night before they come back the next day and click at 2:30pm and buy?  Suddenly your conversions have dropped and you don't know why.

Day parting is going to have a greater or lesser impact on your business depending upon your customers' path to conversion.  If 99% of your customers click once and buy within the hour (you lucky person), then I'd say day parting is essential and should work well.  If 90% of your customers take 3 or more clicks to convert and do so over a period of a week or more, it's a lot more difficult.

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
Great insights guys. Thanks.