Partners
2K members online now
2K members online now
Community space to get to know one another, talk about marketing and advertising strategy
Guide Me
star_border

Contributor by Google

Top Contributor
# 1
Top Contributor

Contributor is a new source of revenue for your sites, funded directly by your site visitors. With Contributor, users sign up to pay a monthly contribution, and those funds are used to pay for your site—instead of ads. The result is that users see fewer ads and you still get paid.

What is Contributor?

Contributor enables you to see fewer ads online and fund the people who create the websites you use and enjoy.

Contributor offers eligible first-time users a 30-day free trial—a $6.99 value. You may adjust the funding after your free trial has ended. Contributor then charges $6.99 each month unless you decide to change your contribution amount.

You may cancel Contributor at any time, including your trial period. If you cancel the service before your trial is over, you will not receive a refund as Contributor is providing ad removal services free of charge. To avoid being charged for any portion or funds for your first month of paid service, you must cancel before the end of the trial period.

You can sign up here or explore the Google Help File on Contributor. 

Happy surfing,

James

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Contributor by Google

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
It might be something for a newspaper or maybe magazine type site but I know many such sites have not had much luck with the subscription model online . Most website or blog owners have enough trouble driving free traffic to the site let alone asking them to pay for anything when they get there .

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor
Maybe nonprofits will find it very useful

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Good points, Mike. 

I am still pondering how and where to employ it.. but it is certainly interesting, @MikeJohnston.

Kind Regards,

James