Partners
4.5K members online now
4.5K members online now
Community space to get to know one another, talk about marketing and advertising strategy
Guide Me
star_border

Content for the sake of content

Top Contributor
# 1
Top Contributor

I think that the idea of Content needs to undergo an overhaul. Like so many other topics that have an SEO aspect to them Content has been twisted from its original purpose; to entertain, inform and educate into a tool with which to game the search engines.

Approaching the idea of having a Content Strategy for your business is definitely a good idea but things like, what you post about and how often you post should be dictated by signals from your own audience, not by an SEO Guru somewhere telling you what content to post based on keyword research and a daily schedule based on high tides on the New Jersey coast. Following the latter course just results in a mind numbing glut of content all over the web.

Another example of content for the sake of content is the current news about the use of fake news on the web either as a clickbait way to drive people to your site (which is monetized by ads) or to confuse the facts on a real issue.

Do you run content strategies for your clients? If so what are your main considerations and what types of content do you work with? Who produces the client, you, your client or a third party?

4 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

For us.  It's sort of about volume.  We are embarking on a new video content for our new website.  

We run content for our clients as well, but it's more dry.  I treat content as I do sales.  Our content is our sales the majority of the time.  We took our sales budget and made it our content budget.  Instead of hiring sales people we hired content writers.  The amount the produce is sometimes frightening.  But if it works... it works.  Smiley Happy

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

I feel like so much of the content that I see these days is just repackaged rewrites.  It offers no new value.  I really hope people see that original, useful content is needed.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Content is king in every respect. It's vital to the success of any promotion. 

And I agree with Tony and Shanee, and really see Shanee hitting a strong point in that there is far too much content being repackaged... and not enough original thoughts being interjected into the world. While it is easy to share, more comes from thinking fresh and presenting a unique take on things. 

Of course that does not mean that we can get away from sharing valuable points. Everything has been done by someone, so we are stuck to some degree with sharing. I think Deborah, a Small Business Advisor nails the content/SEO part quite well with her article five floors down in the Google Small Business community. 

Kind Regards,

James

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

the Unique content is always the best strategy for SEO which done by onle creative content creators

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

As long as the online creator can adopt and respect the unique "voice" of the business/website in question.