Partners
1.9K members online now
1.9K members online now
Community space to get to know one another, talk about marketing and advertising strategy
Guide Me
star_border

Client/Project Management System

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi all,

We're looking into how we can streamline our internal processes and project management since we're looking at an influx of new clients. I was wondering what CMS's other folks have used and which had the most merit. Obviously every agency is going to have different needs, but I'm trying to narrow our list of potential CMS providers.

Thanks in advanceSmiley Happy

3 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Client/Project Management System

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Spike M. Sorry for the late response. We're using teamwork https://www.teamwork.com/, experimented with quite a few others. This one seems to best for our purposes. Which ones did you look into?

Julia Muller,
AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the 'Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi Spike,

We have tried a few different solutions that I could share. For project management we have Jira from atlassian which is a GREAT tool for team management and has a great helpdesk. 

Client facing tools I would mention two of them - 

Slack is an awesome real-time communication tool to manage projects worldwide and Basecamp is a great tool for client communication on projects.

Hope this helps!

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
We also use Slack internally. Used to use it for project management for about a year or so and found that it's a little unreliable as we'd lose some data every so often with agile updates Slack was pushing, and some other concerns. So we still use slack to communicate internally, but switched to Teamwork for project management.

Julia Muller,
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the 'Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor
Oh and yeah, and when I worked for software development company, remote developers used to swear by Jira as well. They loved it. It was a few years ago.

Julia Muller,

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor
My clients seem to like Asana and Basecamp best. I have a client that is using Trello, but I find that one sooo confusing. Internally, we use the task management piece of Swydo.

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 7
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
I can recommend Slack. We tried everything from Basecamp to using internal Google Docs/Spreadsheets. We even tried teaching our non-developers Kan Ban. None of it was as good as slack.

Badged Google Partner
# 8
Badged Google Partner
Swearing by Podio.
Biggest benefit is: we can have clients, contractors, employees and vendors in it - all in their own silos, but contributing to a bigger backend that does project management.

-Clients see employees and what's going on with their project an interact via email (not forcing them to sign up/in to the app)
-If there's any contractors working on the clients, they cannot see each other, but employees can (especially if there's a particular team looking after the client)
-Teams can comprise of contractors and employees.

Basically, you can slide and dice it anyway you want.

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 9
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
Thanks everybody!

I recently went independent and these suggestions are even more useful to me now. I'm going to look into all of theseSmiley Happy