AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Partners
1.4K members online now
1.4K members online now
Community space to get to know one another, talk about marketing and advertising strategy
Guide Me
star_border

Changes to Google Partners Service

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

I just received this from my Google Sr. Agency Development Manager. Does this mean that any business off the street can get access to the same support as a Google Partners?

Intro: As part of a recent update to our service model, your account support will be changing.

What’s happening?

• We’ve made some changes to the way we structure our account support, and instead of a dedicated Google Consultant, you’ll now get optimization support from the AdWords experts at 1-866-2Google.
  • Why the change? It’s our mission to provide comprehensive solutions, improved product expertise, and better integration across all Google products, and this change helps us support all our clients more effectively.
  • What if I have questions? Call [1-866-246-6453] with any questions. You can also turn to our suite of ready-to-use digital resources at any time.

Thanks for being such a great partner. We at Google are excited to continue growing together.

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Trevor_Stewart (Top Contributor)
April 2016

Re: Changes to Google Partners Service

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Hey Guys,

I'm curious about something, do you know for sure that previous dedicated Google support was tied to being a Google Partner? My understanding was that it was simply agency support. I don't know, nothing has changed for us but I also recall that we had similar support long before we were an actual partner and none of our reps have ever mentioned anything about our partners status etc...I get a sense that the two are probably not really related.

However, I do believe that spend, account potential etc...are all somewhat in the formula for who does receive certain levels of support.

-Tommy

Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

View solution in original post

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Tim,

There are a few similar replies already in this thread.  Seems to be going around right now.

-Tommy 

Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor
Hi Tim,

This is probably for a few reasons. One is that we know have our badged community only for Google Partners and second is that they have improved the support at 2 - Google. They have different departments that cater to new advertisers or existing clients. Next step would know be to meet the criteria of a channel Partner to have a dedicated support rep. Hope this helps
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Trevor_Stewart (Top Contributor)
April 2016

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Hey Guys,

I'm curious about something, do you know for sure that previous dedicated Google support was tied to being a Google Partner? My understanding was that it was simply agency support. I don't know, nothing has changed for us but I also recall that we had similar support long before we were an actual partner and none of our reps have ever mentioned anything about our partners status etc...I get a sense that the two are probably not really related.

However, I do believe that spend, account potential etc...are all somewhat in the formula for who does receive certain levels of support.

-Tommy

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor
Hey @PPCBossman,
There is only a agency support and you are right it does have to do with spend and account potential while looking at agencies that offer support to a specialized industry.

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 6
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
We had our Sr. Agency Dev. Mgr and Agency Account Strategist together built a campaign for one of my clients the beginning of March, then for the next client we landed last week we were bumped to using the toll free support. I have a third client who never used an agency actually get to an account strategist and was given a proposal to build his campaign. His question was why us me or any other Google Partner if he can call them directly.