Case Study: Google & Social Media - Why Does This OmniChannel Giant Still Use Social Media?[ Edited ]
July 2016 - last edited July 2016
When an OmniChannel Giant like Google implements a social strategy then as digital marketers and business we should be curious, why? .
They are the world's largest company, do they really need more exposure?
Before I dive into this case study about Google's usage of social media wanted to share some breath taking statistics about the Internet Giant and why they use social media marketing:
Here are some interesting Googly Statistics:
- Google processes 100 billion searches a month.
- That’s an average of 40,000 search queries every second.
- 89.3% of all internet searches are carried out by Google.
- Those searches are carried out by 1.17 billion unique users.
- Every day, 16 to 20% of that day’s queries have never been asked before.
- Google has answered 450 billion unique queries since 2003.
- More than half of Google’s searches come from mobile device.
- By 2014, Google had indexed 30,000,000,000,000 pages of the internet.
- To carry out all these searches, Google’s data centre uses 0.01% of worldwide electricity
We all hear about social media marketing but may wonder, why should my business use social media marketing?
Case Study: Google & Social Media
When an Internet Giant like Google can be found across all the major social networks it is important to realize if they use social media to market themselves it might be a good idea to use social media for your clients and business.
Think about it this way, they are the world's largest company and do they really need more exposure?
Even thought they don't really need to market themselves across social they realize the value of social media marketing because people use social and if aren't there they lose the opportunity to be seen.
If you get a chance check out Google's Social Profiles
Google Plus: 300 Million Users
Facebook: 1.65 Billion Users
Twitter: 320 Million Users
LinkedIn: 300 Million Users
YouTube: Over 1 Billion Users
BTW lots of Googley Videos Here.
What Is Your Favorite Social Media Outlet?