Partners
1.6K members online now
1.6K members online now
Community space to get to know one another, talk about marketing and advertising strategy
Guide Me
star_border

Can't get partner badge for another year.

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

I started a fresh MCC account and went through the steps to become a partner. I was just on the verge of qualifying through ad spend, then new requirements popped up. It used to say the MCC account needed to be 90 days old but now it asks for a whole year. Am I really unlucky? Did they just came out with this or has it been this way all along?

4 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Aaron B
July 2016

Re: Can't get partner badge for another year.

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 5
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
The logical next step for a someone in my position is to focus my budgets and efforts getting partnered with facebook/bing/everyone else and maybe circle back to google partners next year. See you next year.

View solution in original post

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Aaron B,

That is really great of your want and work to become a badged Google Partner. 

I know that lots of changes have been set into motion over the past week, and lots of glitches are happening, too. You either hit a glitch that will clear soon or you did happen to experience a a change in policy that now requires a 1 year wait. I am sorry I don't have more info but I will dig around and see if I can find that answer... and hopefully another member here can add value with a more specific answer. 

Also, do you have access to another MCC or can you be added to a company one? 

EDIT: I do see the updated requirements (see below) for becoming a badged or a premier partner and it does not specifically say on the MCC part. Are you able to post a screenshot of the actual notice for clarity? I am thinking it is a mistake of some sorts. 

google partner.png

Hang in there, let's verify and hope it is a glitch. 

- James

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Thanks for heeding my call James,

The part in green was the only time requirement when I first decided apply to become a partner. I figured the ad spend requirement would take as much time as the 90 day requirement so I made a fresh mcc and completed all the other requirements. A couple months later I see this new requirement pop up. I think this highlighted red part is new. I feel like a guy who waited in line all the way up to the club entrance and got turned away by the bouncer because the dress code suddenly changed.

Screenshot of the policy is in the imgur link below:
http://imgur.com/kGXbtBs

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Very welcome, sir.

I do understand your feelings and agree that this is a new change with the badged Google Partners. Google is the finest at shaking up the cart to keep things fresh & interesting. My hunch is that the system was either stale or being gamed in some fashion, so they reworked the entire system.

While it makes things frustrating for a few, it is for the better good of many and mainly for the clients represented by badged Google Partners. The system must maintain integrity, credibility and value and so these robust changes get set in at unpredictable times.

With that said, I do know there are glitches affecting some that were badged with proper performance and now they have the same warning as you. For these cases, it is stated for the members and agencies to dig in, ignore the warning for another week or so, and put the hard & professional work in... and if it does not change, put a call into Google Support for assistance and/or further info.

Alternately, if there is any other MCC with maturity, get connected to that and bypass the concerns. I know this is not readily possible for most but if it applies, great.

Please know that you are a valued member of Google Partners, regardless of the badged status, and your clients benefit from your participation here and within the Google Partner system. With or without the badge... these merits apply, so thanks for your care and involvement.

Check back in this time next week and let us know how it looks and we can regroup from there.

Best wishes and have a great weekend,

James

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Aaron B
July 2016

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 5
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
The logical next step for a someone in my position is to focus my budgets and efforts getting partnered with facebook/bing/everyone else and maybe circle back to google partners next year. See you next year.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I'm in exactly the same situation, so frustrating! I was working towards the 90 days too and now they've announced it's changed to 12 months it's incredibly annoying, I feel we should have been informed of the change earlier as a lot of time and effort has been focused on achieving the Google Partner Badge.

When you say focus your budgets and efforts into getting partnered with facebook and bing? What do you actually mean? I've never heard of being a partner with Facebook and I'm intrigued.

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor
I don't think FB has a program? Bing has a very limited program, with no perks. At least, I'm not aware of any.

Community Manager
# 8
Community Manager
Hi All,

Just to clarify the requirements, the Partners badge is earned by a 90 day spend. However, the new company performance model takes into account the last 12 months of spend. So if your MCC is newer, then you may not see company performance or it may look lower than expected because there is less data to evaluate.

Please let us know if you have other questions!

Top Contributor
# 9
Top Contributor

Hi @Aaron B -

Assuming you are talking about the following: Partner Profile states

Screen Shot 2016-07-14 at 12.51.19.png

which opens into the following alert:

Screen Shot 2016-07-14 at 12.50.03.png

apparently due to MCC being too young.

Screen Shot 2016-07-14 at 12.50.50.png

You may still be a certified partner agency.

Check the Partner Search: https://www.google.com/partners/#a_search. Search for your agency's name. If you are listed there as a Partner Agency, then I suggest you don't have much to fear, just wait for the MCC to mature. 

Julia Muller,
AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 10
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
@Shanee_Kirk - https://facebookmarketingpartners.com/

@Julia_Muller - We never were Google Partners. We were really close before they changed the rules. I understand the need for quality control, but it's kinda like the Geico Commercial with the dollar fisherman for all the folks in my situation.