Partners
4.6K members online now
4.6K members online now
Community space to get to know one another, talk about marketing and advertising strategy
Guide Me
star_border

Bye...

[ Edited ]
Badged Google Partner
# 1
Badged Google Partner

I am losing my partner status. "We" no longer meet the company "performance" threshold. 

Tom

3 Expert replyverified_user

Bye...

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @tomhalejr,

Where is the dislike button? I wish this wasn't so as I enjoy interacting with you and have your contributions here and in the AdWords community. 

Could it be something that will be corrected soon? I hope so.

All the best,

James 

Bye...

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hey @tomhalejr,

You know what just popped into my head...the fact that we've interacted on this community for 4 years or something and I could pass you on the street, look you in the eyes and not have any idea it was you. Pretty interesting.  

Anyways, this certainly sucks...how do you know this is going to happen?  Did you get a warning email or something? Can you confirm that it wasn't an error somewhere?

Were your performance bars pretty full prior to this recent finding? Is there anything you can point to that has changed in your business in the last year?  Did you lose any big spending clients?  Have you been adding any clients?  Are your accounts growing over time? 

Also, I'm pretty sure that the worst case is that at the most you could lose access to the 3 "partner only" boards, that's a small portion of what's available here that you can access and engage in.  Historically (and this may have changed), I think it's been a manual process to get access to the BP boards, if that's still the case, you'd have to also assume that there would be a manual process to vet each and every user to ensure they are still a BP to retain access - they may just let this slide and you'll not lose any access.

Anyways, I wish you well and good luck, Sir.  

-Tommy

Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Bye...

Badged Google Partner
# 4
Badged Google Partner

It's the number of new clients that's the problem. Our roster is smaller than it's ever been, but our average client tenure is over four years, and their budgets do keep increasing year over year. 

What I'm worried about is losing my partner status due to the company requirements, even though I'm still certified. Am I still a partner, regardless of the company status?

Tom

Bye...

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Hi @tomhalejr,

Yes, you are a Partner Member here, even if not a badged Google Partner. As Tommy said, you just would not have access to three dedicated boards here and the distinction by your profile image. 

And you could at anytime be right back as a badged Google Partner (if it goes) by meeting the spend & performance level. If fact, if you decided to leave where you are now (not suggesting that), you could be hired by another agency and assign your certification & skill set to them and make one a badged GP that is not badged one now but has the spend & performance.

You are valued here... and you are valued all of these communities here... you would be highly-valued by an agency seeking to have what you are... and you are valued in life for your hard work & intelligence with Google goods. 

Kind Regards,

James

Bye...

Badged Google Partner
# 6
Badged Google Partner

@tomhalejr So sorry to hear this, you are valued in the Google Partners community and let me know if there is anything I can do to help you out.

Bye...

Badged Google Partner
# 7
Badged Google Partner

I can't post any more.... They told me I had until December 8th, then they took that away.

Tom

Re: Bye...

Community Manager
# 8
Community Manager

Hi @tomhalejr,

Just to clarify, losing Partner status doesn't mean that your agency is no longer a member of the Partners program. Your agency can continue to participate in the program and access other benefits of being a member, such as AdWords promotional offers, access to the "Insights" section, and access to Partners communities.

The only sections of the community that you will not have access to are the badged Partners boards. We would love for you to stick around and post and participate in the boards that you will still have access to.

I would also note that, while it may take some time, you can re-qualify for your badge. Please refer to this Help Center article or to any notifications in your Partners account that list any outstanding requirements and what you need to do in order to meet them.

Thanks,

Krisha