AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Partners
2.4K members online now
2.4K members online now
Community space to get to know one another, talk about marketing and advertising strategy
Guide Me
star_border

Business Hours with Location Extensions

Top Contributor
# 1
Top Contributor

I’ve got good news for those of us who are fans of Location Extensions! In an attempt to help users plan their visits to businesses, desktop Location Extensions now includes advertiser business hours. The feature will also display Google My Business special hours to accommodate holidays and other exception hours.

Untitled.png

Please note:

• You won’t be charged for store hours drop down clicks.
  • The information used will be sourced from GMB or AdWords as per your account setup.

ScottyD, AdWords Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.
3 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Business Hours with Location Extensions

Badged Google Partner
# 2
Badged Google Partner
Thanks for sharing @ScottyD! Do you know if this update has been launch all across countries?

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

@Benoit, usually there is a mention of particular countries when a feature is restricted. There was no mention on this information however so I'm assuming it's available to everyone...

Stay tuned though, I'll try to find out.

Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Badged Google Partner
# 4
Badged Google Partner
Yet another great reason for us to push local SMBs to utilize GMB more effectively... thanks for the heads up @ScottyD

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor
Great new feature for SMBs and local advertisers!!

Badged Google Partner
# 6
Badged Google Partner
That's very cool. I am not seeing signs of options for this in my accounts yet, but looking forward to this improvement. That's great that you don't get charged for the clicks on the hours pull-down. It would almost be better if it just said "Open Now" like it does in the Knowledge graph though (and you can click to see the hours).

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Nice!! Thank you for sharing

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor
Why are you so engaging? W 196 views?? Teach us, oh great one!

Top Contributor
# 9
Top Contributor
This is great news. Thanks, Scott, for sharing with us.

Top Contributor
# 10
Top Contributor

@Shanee_Kirk wrote:
Why are you so engaging? W 196 views?? Teach us, oh great one!

@Shanee_Kirk, I wish I could say it's skill related! In reality I believe it's because of the "teaser" post I left in the GPC. Plus it's fairly good news right? Smiley Very Happy