Partners
2.1K members online now
2.1K members online now
Community space to get to know one another, talk about marketing and advertising strategy
Guide Me
star_border

Budget estimation for an app campaign?

Badged Google Partner
# 1
Badged Google Partner

We have a client interested in an app marketing campaign, is there a tool to estimate the ad budget based on similar app category? I looked at the Universal app campaign in Adwords and it says "Most advertisers with similar Android apps and target audience pay a cost-per-install of: $0.48 - CA$5.75". The bracket doesn't seem to change regardless of the app I choose to promote.  Is there a better tool?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Budget estimation for an app campaign?

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
Hello @Karine_K,

I have not encountered another tool that estimates ad budget for an app campaign based on app category. I would think it is less dependent on the app category and more to do with the quality score and conversion rates. A lower budgeted campaign would likely have a lower CPI than a larger budget campaign as the more budget, the higher the fruit is hanging so to speak.

Let me know if that helps!

Nick
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Karine K
August 2016

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor
I would suggest $20/day min to start. Also, it seems that free apps have the high install rates, but the paid apps are much harder to get downloads.

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
@Shanee_Kirk has a great point and we often see developers integrate a paid upgrade feature into free apps. There are others who also run promotions to discount or for a limited time make them free to boost the number of downloads.

I haven't seen many 3rd party tools for projecting budgets for app campaigns yet, but you could reference the About mobile app installs campaigns page for more information.
https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/6309936?rd=1