AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Partners
1.9K members online now
1.9K members online now
Community space to get to know one another, talk about marketing and advertising strategy
Guide Me
star_border

Anyone else received hundreds of "You Have received a Reply" emails

[ Edited ]
Badged Google Partner
# 1
Badged Google Partner

I am receiving 25-50 (or more) emails per day that say "You received a reply" or "Your post has been moved" emails from the forum.  From looking into it, these aren't posts I have made or even commented on.  Its been going on for a couple of weeks and is getting really annoying.  I don't want to opt out of the community as there are interesting & valuable discussions here, but the volume is ridiculous.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Badged Google Partner
# 2
Badged Google Partner

This is happening to me, but not that many. The volume must correlate to the number of communities you follow.

Badged Google Partner
# 3
Badged Google Partner

Just to be clear, I mean it is happening to every email I receive from the Google Partners Advertiser Community, I just don't receive as many. I do like to skim through them by subject, though.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi Kyle & Geromy,

Sometimes when the community's software is updated, it will send these batches out for categories you are subscribed to and/or previous posts. It should settle down and resume normal operations soon. You can go to a community Google Partners) and then go to a category (Water Cooler) and click on the gear in the upper left hand corner and click unsubscribe. There are some other settings in the user profile section (My Settings), too, that may need to be adjusted.     

All the Best,

James

Badged Google Partner
# 5
Badged Google Partner

I have been getting them from early in the month...25 - 50 or more per day.  It is at 36 so far today.  Unfortunately, I don't want to opt out of getting notifications to topics I have either posted or been participating in...I just don't want emails on posts on everything that is being discussed.

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Hi Kyle,

I do understand. 

Are you subscribed to those forum categories?

Kind Regards,

James

Badged Google Partner
# 7
Badged Google Partner

To my knowledge I am only subscribed to the particular posts I have participated in with the various categories...although when looking under Subscriptions, what I am actually subscribed to...just the Topic or the entire category...is as clear as mud.

Badged Google Partner
# 8
Badged Google Partner

This happened before, and they undid the change. Then someone started fiddling with things again on March 1. https://www.en.advertisercommunity.com/t5/Water-Cooler/Email-Notification-Issues/m-p/1015440#M2084

Top Contributor
# 9
Top Contributor

That is correct, Geromy. There are lots of system upgrades and refreshes taking place for 2017. 

Please give it a little more time and let us know any changes.

Thanks, 

James