Partners
2.5K members online now
2.5K members online now
Community space to get to know one another, talk about marketing and advertising strategy
Guide Me
star_border

Adwords Tip: Call Tracking on Your Site

Top Contributor
# 1
Top Contributor

Did you know that Google offers a solution to track phone calls beyond click to call?  Yes.  There's a dynamic phone number insertion that's available.  It's a much simplified service than a "Call Rail" and is of no extra charge.  I love this, and I feel it's generally overlooked.

Tip: This will only replace one number on your site.  If you have a site where you put your number in 14 different places on one page, then this is not the solution for you.

Google Support - Track Calls from Your Site

4 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Adwords Tip: Call Tracking on Your Site

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
We've used this for years for a few clients now, does the job. Easy to install, to understand; and most importantly captures those conversions that are usually undercounted, if not using CallRail or another paid solution. I highly recommend.

Julia Muller,
AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Badged Google Partner
# 3
Badged Google Partner
I just start using it and it is amazing! very simple to install and it is free! Smiley Happy

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
This is a topic that is close to my heart, something I've been challenged by for many years. I really wish Google would expand upon this service even more. In its current state, I would say that it's best served for a smaller-ish business (using only one phone number). While some call tracking is better than none, in this case we're still stuck to only tracking calls that follow clicks. For us, we report on much more than just PPC traffic and prefer to have insights into all calls from all channels, not just those coming from AdWords.

Having been plugging along in call tracking game for some time now, I feel that no one has got it 100% right yet. There always seems to be some disconnect or some caveat where many more phone numbers are needed for instance.

I still see potential for much improvement in call tracking and I hope to continue seeing new features and functionality introduced not only from Google but from the 3rd party providers as well.

-Tommy

Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor
Totally agree. We run into some issues when we are marketing a store/hospital etc that has multiple locations. You are a little stuck there b/c you can't swap more than one phone number w the current setup. I do believe that it will grow and evolve though! Free is free, and I'm happy to have something to help illustrate our worth to these smaller businesses.

Adwords Tip: Call Tracking on Your Site

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Anytime I can get rid of a third party vendor monthly fee... I'm interested.  Smiley Happy