Partners
2.8K members online now
2.8K members online now
Community space to get to know one another, talk about marketing and advertising strategy
Guide Me
star_border

AdWords Alpha

Badged Google Partner
# 1
Badged Google Partner

Dear fellow Partners,

While working on some client accounts (before two days), the entire UI changed into something super cool. Since I was on a deadline, I had to revert back to the original AdWords and did not have time to play around. Now, none of my accounts (even the top spenders) have the Alpha option.

The background was dark and almost everything was new (with intuitive buttons and guided tours), and when I switched back to the original interface, there was an option to try the Alpha from the settings option. It seems to have magically disappeared though.

Did anyone else notice this? Would love to hear any updates.

Happy weekend!

3 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by James_Clemens (Top Contributor)
October 2016

AdWords Alpha

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello Niranjan R,

Hang in there I am sure they are testing different systems, there really is no way to get it back once the option has disappeared from my knowledge, but check your accounts often and you might get lucky. You can completely log out clear cache and see if you get it again, might be worth a try. 

Good Luck!

Spencer Wade, AdWords, G+ & WebSearch Platinum Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here
Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | Directory | Partner

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by James_Clemens (Top Contributor)
October 2016

AdWords Alpha

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello Niranjan R,

Hang in there I am sure they are testing different systems, there really is no way to get it back once the option has disappeared from my knowledge, but check your accounts often and you might get lucky. You can completely log out clear cache and see if you get it again, might be worth a try. 

Good Luck!

Spencer Wade, AdWords, G+ & WebSearch Platinum Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here
Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | Directory | Partner

AdWords Alpha

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

On mine, I can switch back and forth.  If I'm in the old interface (which I still prefer), a little blue rectangle will appear in the lower right corner prompting to switch over to the alpha version.

Re: AdWords Alpha

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi @Niranjan R,

Like @Shanee_Kirk, in the accounts that I have whitelisted, I can switch back and forth without issue, and have since the start.

You're saying that this option has disappeared?  

alpha.png

I've not heard of that occurring personally but what I can tell you is that access to the new interface is typically invite only.  If you work with any AdWords reps, you can see if they may be able to help you get it back.

-Tommy

Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

AdWords Alpha

Badged Google Partner
# 5
Badged Google Partner

Thanks folks, for your replies. I still don't see the option to switch to Alpha from any of my accounts - but I'm not complaining.

Hopefully, the developers iron out any bugs and release a stable version. I get excited to see something new, especially with the UI and the Editor.

Thanks again!

AdWords Alpha

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Yes true. They should look more into it. The quick tracking screens like Dimensions are missing and filters when added do not give a total at the bottom like the old interface would