Partners
3.2K members online now
3.2K members online now
Community space to get to know one another, talk about marketing and advertising strategy
Guide Me
star_border

AdSense affected by domain change

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

I recently changed my website from chromebooks.support to chromebook.guide.

Not only was it a new domain, it was a completely rebuilt website.

I feel confident that I did the move correctly. I have all the 301 redirects in place, I filled out the domain address change form in webmaster tools, everything seems to be great. I'm still getting the same amount of traffic to the new domain as I was to the old domain.

But my AdSense revenue has taken a hit for some reason. I can't figure out why.

I was averaging about $11/day until the move, and since the move I've had a $1.06 day, a $13.73 day, and a $4.48 day.

Now that 1.06 was the day I moved, so I figured that was understandable. Then, I had the $13.73 day, which made me think everything was ok, but then I had the $4.48 day, and today I'm only at $3.59.

Now it's possible that I'm just having a bad week, but I'm wondering if there's anything that I should be looking out for.

The layout of my new website is the same as the previous one, so I don't think there's any reason that ads would get clicked on less on the new website but according to my AdSense performance reports, I am getting considerably fewer clicks than normal.

What's the deal?  Anything you guys can think of that I should have taken into consideration when I made the move? I'm getting the same amount of traffic, but fewer ad clicks.

Re: AdSense affected by domain change

Badged Google Partner
# 2
Badged Google Partner
you should be asking this question here: https://productforums.google.com/forum/#!forum/adsense

Re: AdSense affected by domain change

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Probably, I've just found the people in this community to be more knowledgeable than them