AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Partners
2.8K members online now
2.8K members online now
Community space to get to know one another, talk about marketing and advertising strategy
Guide Me
star_border

AdSense affected by domain change

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

I recently changed my website from chromebooks.support to chromebook.guide.

Not only was it a new domain, it was a completely rebuilt website.

I feel confident that I did the move correctly. I have all the 301 redirects in place, I filled out the domain address change form in webmaster tools, everything seems to be great. I'm still getting the same amount of traffic to the new domain as I was to the old domain.

But my AdSense revenue has taken a hit for some reason. I can't figure out why.

I was averaging about $11/day until the move, and since the move I've had a $1.06 day, a $13.73 day, and a $4.48 day.

Now that 1.06 was the day I moved, so I figured that was understandable. Then, I had the $13.73 day, which made me think everything was ok, but then I had the $4.48 day, and today I'm only at $3.59.

Now it's possible that I'm just having a bad week, but I'm wondering if there's anything that I should be looking out for.

The layout of my new website is the same as the previous one, so I don't think there's any reason that ads would get clicked on less on the new website but according to my AdSense performance reports, I am getting considerably fewer clicks than normal.

What's the deal?  Anything you guys can think of that I should have taken into consideration when I made the move? I'm getting the same amount of traffic, but fewer ad clicks.

Re: AdSense affected by domain change

Badged Google Partner
# 2
Badged Google Partner
you should be asking this question here: https://productforums.google.com/forum/#!forum/adsense

Re: AdSense affected by domain change

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Probably, I've just found the people in this community to be more knowledgeable than them