AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Partners
3.8K members online now
3.8K members online now
Community space to get to know one another, talk about marketing and advertising strategy
Guide Me
star_border

ADWORDS Wants & Needs Question

Top Contributor
# 1
Top Contributor

Hello Everyone,

I hope the week is treating you all well! I think we can all agree that Google AdWords is an excellent advertising system. It does the job it was designed to do remarkably well. But, like all things crafted by human beings, there are areas where improvements can and will be made. That is exactly what I would like to discuss.

images.jpg

If you could change, add, or remove one thing from AdWords what would it be? Do you think a certain feature should be expanded? Is there a feature you believe could be added to better the user experience? Or is there a specific detail you would eliminate altogether?

I am trying to compile a list of wants and needs and I will share them with the right people for feedback on the system. This doesn’t mean anything will happen it just means I am putting together a complete list of feedback to give to the feedback team.

I appreciate anyone who takes the the here, the only way to make things better is share what people are saying and that is what I am trying to do here. 

Thanks for your time! 

Spencer Wade, AdWords, G+ & WebSearch Platinum Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here
Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | Directory | Partner
3 Expert replyverified_user

Re: ADWORDS Wants & Needs Question

Badged Google Partner
# 2
Badged Google Partner
Here's an easy one. Make the form that pops up when adding negatives allow the addition to multiple campaigns at once, like it is for extensions, so that I don't have to add the words using the web interface, and then copy them to the other campaigns using the editor. http://i.imgur.com/bjSnz7S.png

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor
Thanks Geromy, really appreciate the info and screenshot! Great work it will be added to the list... If you get a chance ask a few peers as well... Either way thanks for dropping in and giving some solid feedback!

Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Great idea @Spencer_Wade to seek input here! 

I recently gave feedback to Google on the desired features. Mentioned a lot of them. So, I'm not going to reiterate, but great idea again.

Julia Muller,
AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the 'Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor
Thanks Julia, I am curious if you compiled a list when you met? If so lets chat, if not I am sure you input will be looked at...

Just trying to help shape the future of the platform and getting info from the users is what will help us the most!

Thanks for jumping in and if you have a list of wants and needs send it over...

Thanks

Badged Google Partner
# 6
Badged Google Partner
Let me preface this one by saying everyone knows that any heat map is just a population heat map. Now, having said that, sometimes I like to take all the data from the user location report on the Dimensions tab and slap it into a fusion table anyways. I find it helpful to look at conversions, or even clicks by looking at a map, rather than a list of zip codes.

If you're Lowes, and you're selling home improvement doodads, maybe blanketing all of California doesn't make as much sense as targeting areas that are higher in percentages of homes, and lower percentages of condos, apartments, whatever (where it would be a contractor who is doing the repairs or something, I don't know).

It would probably take a lot of computing power to generate these for every campaign all the time, but even if it could be like some of the other on-demand reports that don't run until you ask for them, I think it would be neat. Here's the screenshot of my fusion table: http://i.imgur.com/go4cTbH.png

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

@Spencer_Wade - you're going a smarter way about it. I didn't have a list going in nor did I poll some power users like you had the idea to do here. Although the initial focus was slightly different, but I spent extra time to give feedback on desired features. 

Julia Muller,
AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the 'Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor
Thanks @Julia_Muller, speak with you tomorrow, I too had the pleasure of speaking but figured I would take it to the next level.... Thanks again for stopping by and the help!

Top Contributor
# 9
Top Contributor
Hey Spencer,

How about a system for annotations? A way to make/take notes in the account on changes, or anything really. Even a system similar to Analytics would be great.

-Tommy
Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Top Contributor
# 10
Top Contributor
1st let me thank you, you spent an hour+ with me on hangout last week, your ideas helped build on my idea of getting something solid together. I will add this to the list and Thank You @PPCBossman for stepping up when I need a second opinion on the process.