AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Partners
4.6K members online now
4.6K members online now
Community space to get to know one another, talk about marketing and advertising strategy
Guide Me
star_border

A New Year Needs New Photos...

Top Contributor
# 1
Top Contributor

With 2016 in the rear view mirror, it's time to think ahead to make 2017 the best that it can be for your agency, businesses, and client's branding. One really important thing you can do to help is to refresh the photos used online by Google and others.

In this digital age, taking 5-10 quality photos and sharing them about does not take too much time at all. Most mobile phones can do a pretty good job at this or you can purchase a digital camera to tackle the task. We recently purchased a really nice digital camera for a few hundred dollars that will be used for Google Local Guides and updating client photos used with their Google My Business listings, which will populate G+ and the Google Knowledge Panel in Google Search... you know that large info box on the right side of the SERPs (search engine result pages). 

To help you get moving in the right direction, I am including this handy "shot list" from Google Small Business. You can also access the pdf file here

google small business shot list.jpg

Remember that with the change of the new year, many commercial buildings look different from years' past. If your client's business painted, added on, changed out the landscaping, changed the sign, logo... or refreshed in any way, their online photos need refreshed, too. 

Happy snapping, friends. 

Kind Regards,

James

1 Expert replyverified_user