Partners
5.1K members online now
5.1K members online now
Community space to get to know one another, talk about marketing and advertising strategy
Guide Me
star_border

2 different users 1 email id - Major flaw in GMAIL.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
i am not the user this email is intended for; I've been receiving mails of other user. also i believe 2 person have same email id that is ---- saurav88@gmail.com. This is a huge security breach as I sometimes receive his bank statements as well. Similarly he might be receiving my mails as well. His name is Saurav Borthakur from Assam India and mobile no. is 9126335938. This should bUntitled.jpge reported immediately; how can a company like Google can do this blunder... thats a major flaw in GMAIL
1 Expert replyverified_user

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

Good morning, this question is asked often. They don't have the same email address as you, they are simplying entering in the wrong email address when they are signing up or ordering etc. I would venture a guess the person has a very similar email address and often uses yours by mistake. Feel free to call him and let him know he is continually sing the wrong address. I believe bkc56 has said it best in the past:

"No, duplicate accounts are not a possibility.  There are not two accounts with the same name and no one is getting e-mail that hasn't been sent specifically to their account.

That said... There is nothing to prevent people from using the wrong address when they send a message, or giving out the wrong address (like on a business card or when registering at a web-site) to others.  Think of it as someone dialing the wrong phone number, or getting a couple digits reversed when giving the number to someone else.  Getting a phone call because someone dialed the wrong number doesn't prompt one to contact the phone company and complain about two people having the same phone number.

Just to clarify, you are not receiving e-mail addressed to someone else, you are receiving e-mail intended for someone else but miss-addressed to you."

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi,

This help community is for Google Partners, not Gmail. Please direct your Gmail concerns to the Gmail Help Community

Kind Regards,

James