star_border
Highlighted

cannot verify business

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

1. Make It Right Services Inc

2. 5042 Wilshire Blvd #36602 Los Angeles CA 90036.

3.(323)305-3735

4.https://business.google.com/b/112262701727032128716/add/verify/l/03774477636593345786/c/155381481985...

5.www.makeitrightsvc.com

I'm having issues verifying my google business account. I get this message (Your edits won't appear on Google until you verify your business.Learn more). Every time I attempt to verify my business account it opens a new brand account and it appears blocked. I have already completed google advance verification and received confirmation via email that it was completed. Can you please check my account and see why its blocked so I could verify my account. Thank you.

2 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Management C
April

Re: cannot verify business

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Management C

You need to use the actual physical address of the business. It looks like this is the address of a mailbox service, which is not allowed to be used for a Google My Business listing.

Assuming the actual address is the residential address listed on your contractor's license, I would recommend updating your Google My Business listing address to match that. You should also set the listing as a service-area business since it is a residential address and you serve customers at their location. Here are the instructions to make that edit.

Try making those changes and see if you are then able to move forward with the verification process.

TomW, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was your question answered? If so, please mark the post that answered it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

cannot verify business

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

This is currently a home-base business. If I list the residential address will it affect our SEO. I have done some research and it seems in the long run it will affect my map listings and SEO. Thank you.

cannot verify business

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

@Management C well using a mailbox address isn't allowed so unless you use your home address your listing will probably get removed from Google, not just unverified like it currently is.  What Tom suggested is the only way you are going to be able to move forward here. 

Joy Hawkins, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Owner of Sterling Sky
Read My Column on Search Engine Land
MyAdvanced Local SEO Training Manual

cannot verify business

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi TomW, I am having a similar issue. I am a small business based in my home, but service others at their location. Google Business won't accept my business phone number (I used my home address, set the listing as service-area business already). I used Sideline as my business line. Any suggestions?

Re: cannot verify business

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Hi @Paul Z

Please start your own thread providing there all information to understand and investigate your issue.
This allows us to keep the forum organized and gives you the attention you need.
This ( https://www.en.advertisercommunity.com/t5/Google-My-Business/ct-p/GMB ) is our top level Community--from there, you can click into the board title that is most applicable for your issue. Once you're in an individual board, you can click on the red/pink + sign in the lower right corner of the screen to start a new topic.

And in the new thread please provide the following information for the listing:
1. Business name
2. Business address
3. Business phone number

TomW, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was your question answered? If so, please mark the post that answered it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.
Experts in the Topic
TomW
JoyHawkins