My Business
4.7K members online now
4.7K members online now
Learn how to get your business information verified
Guide Me
star_border
Highlighted

business marked permanently closed, but we are open.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

TGS-OUTDOORS 1156 MAIN ST. BRANFORD, CT. 06405 203-488-1776         

www.tgs-outdoors.com

1 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Brian,

I have reported it as open.

Do you have full control of your listing? If so, you will want to access the dashboard and make sure all info is correct and make a post, add an image, reply to reviews, etc. You will want to access it regularly and maintain it.  

If you do not have full control, you will want to do so and manage the business listing. 

Kind Regards,

James

Re: business marked permanently closed, but we are open.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank You James,  This has been going on for five weeks now. Hundreds of customers have reported the error,  and our IT guy has even attempted to fix it.  How do I gain full control other than claiming the ownership request and waiting for Google to send me the new passcode? Thank you in advance for all your help.  Brian Owens TGS-OUTDOORS

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi Brian,

You are very welcome. 

There does seem to be a technical issue at play with your listing so you can contact business support directly via one of these options and ask for help:

Kind Regards,

James

Re: business marked permanently closed, but we are open.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

After three emails and two phone calls to Google, this is the email that I sent them today. They are telling me there is some kind of technical issue and their engineers are working on it. 

" I was hoping to have this issue resolved today.  I have waited the eight days to claim my listing according to your rules.  Now I am being told there is some kind of technical issue.  Supposedly , Google has some of the best computer minds in the industry, and they can't figure out how to unmark my business as permanently closed and allow me to take ownership of something that was hijacked from me in the first place?  If in fact the business is permanently closed, then there is no other owner, therefore I would like to claim the listing because I am the real owner and we are not permanently closed!   Please explain to me what exactly the technical issue is on your end? My next call will be tomorrow to a supervisor.  We need to get this resolved ASAP. Please respond to this email today.  I will be calling a supervisor tomorrow.  Thank you in advance for your attention in this matter.  Brian Owens TGS-OUTDOORS 1156 MAIN ST. BRANFORD, CT. 06405 203-488-1776   www.tgs-outdoors.com "