3.7K members online now
Learn how to get your business information verified
Guide Me
star_border

Re: Postcard being sent to old address instead of new address

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 21
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

@Marissa_GMB I received the postcard and verified my address but it hasn't been updated completely - postcode is from the old address and name of the town is from the new one. It displays Slough, WD17 4WU while it should be SL1 2GB. I waited few days as I thought it may be updated later however it didn't happen.

Could you look at it?

Postcard being sent to old address instead of new address

Community Manager
# 22
Community Manager

Hey @Agata M

It looks like we're simply displaying "Slough, UK" as the address currently - 

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Eager+Dogs/@51.5039842,-0.8745988,10z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m5!3m4!1s0x0:...

Can you share a screenshot of where you are seeing it display with the incorrect area code?

Thanks!
Marissa

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 23
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi @Marissa_GMB it changed now (last time when I wrote wrong postcode was still included) but as you can see on screenshot in the description under brand name it displays 'dog training school in Watford'  Screen Shot 2017-02-07 at 23.39.37.png

Community Manager
# 24
Community Manager

Thanks for letting me know. I'm connecting with a team that I think can help. I'll let you know when I hear back from them. 

Thanks for your patience,

Marissa

Community Manager
# 25
Community Manager

Hey @Agata M

I heard back from the team and they mentioned that since you've recently moved, it will take a few weeks to update. Please feel free to reach out if you are still seeing it incorrect after 2 weeks. 

Best,

Marissa

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 26
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi @Marissa_GMB,

unfortunately the Google pin never arrived. As you can see from my original post, the address that is down is a roundabout and not an actual valid address. I guess it must have been setup before by our web developers, but was done poorly and we want to update it with the correct details.

I have resent PIN again (it obviously got through before through Postman nous, so fingers crossed it will again), however in case that doesn't work, is there a means to update the address and then sending the PIN. We can provide links to website and company registration documents which have the correct address, as well as the Eircode (postal code), which in Ireland designates a specific building and in our case includes the company name. Phone verification is also an option :)

Thanks and regards, 

Top Contributor
# 27
Top Contributor

Hi Leslie, 

I'm not sure if you caught Marissa's advice in an earlier post, but if you can't verify at the old address, your best bet is to do the following:

1 - create a new listing for your business at the current address. 
2 - once your new business profile is set up, mark the old location as Closed. You can do that by looking up your old location in Google Maps, clicking 'suggest an edit' and selecting "Place is permanently closed or has never existed". 
3 - Sometimes problems can come up when creating a new listing and marking the old one closed. The best way to avoid these issues and maintain your rankings is to go to GMB twitter support and request that they mark the old location as having moved to your new location. 

That should take care of everything, and get you back on track. 

Highlighted

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 28
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi @james w,

thank you for your response and apologies for the late reply (I must have turned off notifications for this thread). I'm a little over a week into my 2nd attempt to get the PIN delivered and if that doesn't work I will then go the route you suggested.

Thanks and regards,

Experts in the Topic
james w
Colan
Marissa_GMB