Learn how to get your business information verified
Guide Me
star_border

Hours Verification--Google Keeps Updating to Wrong Hours

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I receive incorrect updated hours recommendation for our business about once a week from Google. Why do they want to change my hours to the wrong hours and how can I get them to keep the correct hours?

Milton Martin Toyota

3150 Milton Martin Toyota Way, Gainesville, GA

770-532-4355

miltonmartintoyota.com

1 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

The likely reason is that a trusted source like your website has the wrong hours someplace. 

Could you share the correct hours and the hours that they are suggesting?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you for the response!

They update the open time from 7 am to 9 am.

1 of our 5 departments opens at 9 am.  All others open at 7 am.  See the link below.

https://www.miltonmartintoyota.com/contact-us/

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

I would suggest that 

1- You create individual listings for each department on Google each with their own hours

2- Create individual landing pages for each with their own hours (and preferably their own phone number)

3- Use schema on the contact page to delineate which department is which hours (or better just link to the appropriate pages)

Google is obviously picking what they are seeing on your page and not understanding the more complex reality. 

Highlighted

Re: Hours Verification--Google Keeps Updating to Wrong Hours

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I worked with Toyota dealers for 6 years and this came up often. Google pulls from the OEM site and often updates your GMB listing to match that of the OEM site. it's a pretty easy fix. If you want the 7am open time to stick, you'll need to change the 9am time you have indicated on the manufacturer site. You can reach out to your OEM rep to change it for you and you shouldn't have that problem any more!

https://www.toyota.com/dealers/#dealerCode=10015

2018-04-03_1045.png