5.2K members online now
Learn how to get your business information verified
Guide Me
star_border

Double Business Listings

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

My business is listed twice on Google, one is verified and the other isn't. One is showing one review and the other shows twelve. I've had the one with 12 on google for a while now and would like to keep it. I'd like to have the other one, with a single review, taken off. I was on Google's Local 3 Pack with my older business listing, then both listings were on the 3 Pack, Now the listing with 12 reviews has been moved off the list and the one with 1 review remains. I'd sure like to get this straightened out, but I'm confused as to what steps to take. HELP!!

1 Expert replyverified_user

Double Business Listings

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Alan, 

Sounds like you need to get your listings merged. You should be able to get all reviews transferred to one listing, and end up with 13 reviews on one verified listing. Since one is unverified, you're already all set to merge, you just need to ask Google support to do that for you. The best place to ask is on Google My Business' support on Twitter, just send them a DM. The wait time has been a week or two for a while, so be patient when you ask. Make sure you send links to both profiles when you do, along with name, address, and phone number of each. 

Let me know if you need any help making the request. 

Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Re: Double Business Listings

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Yes, I do need help doing this. I'm not on Twitter and am barely tech capable. If it's possible for Google to merge the 2 accounts I'd really appreciate it.

Alan Lynch

Double Business Listings

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

it's easy to set up a Twitter account, it's worth it to take the few minutes to figure out in case something like this comes up again. I'm just a volunteer (this forum is mostly volunteers with a Google community manager in charge) but I can hit up Twitter support for you. What's your name/address/phone number for the listings? If you can send a link to the two listings too, that'd help. 

Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Double Business Listings

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

My name is Alan Lynch, owner of Top Notch Handyman Services LLC, the business with the double listings. 2708 Pinewood Dr. Sparks, NV. 89434. I don't know how to send you a link to the listings. Thanks, Alan

Highlighted
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Ben Fisher (Top Contributor)
1w

Double Business Listings

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Hi Alan, 

It looks like both listings are claimed, you'll need to unclaim one of them before they can merged, I suggest unclaiming the listing with one review. You can follow these steps to delete that listing. There's going to be a scary warning when you go through the steps, saying you're going to delete 'everything from your account'. It's just referring to anything in the account associated with that one listing, so don't worry when you see the warning. The listing itself won't be deleted when you go through the steps, it will just unverify it and remove it from your account. Let me know when you've done that and I'll pass it along to Google support on Twitter. 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
OK, I think I've deleted the listings I don't want. There should only be the listing with 12 reviews. Is it possible to add the 1 review from the other listing to the one with 12 reviews?

Thanks

Alan

Double Business Listings

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor

They'll probably transfer that one review, yes. Google's always transferred the reviews in cases like yours for all my requests at least. I've submitted it, I'll update when it's done. Expect a week or two. 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
James

I want to thank you for all your help. It was my incompetence with computers that got me in trouble in the first place. I look forward to your reply in a week or two.

Best

Alan

Double Business Listings

Top Contributor
# 10
Top Contributor

No sweat! We all have our strengths and weaknesses, I had to ask a family member for some help last time I needed to replace a hot water heater, and I've got a plugged up sink I need to do something about sometime in the next few days. I suppose that's part of what gives humans an excuse to form community and help each other. Glad I could help. 

Experts in the Topic
james w