Guide Me
star_border

Can't verify google my business

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hello ,

My business name is 24 hour locksmith service, i had that name for long time with 36 reviews that i deleted but even with a new account its not working

I tried to move my business from 9233 main st clarence ny 14031 to 40 doyle ct cheektowaga ny 14225

after i show google all the papers even tax return it was live for 4 days and then suspended again.

the answer was case is close!

They say you should try to open a new email and i try that couldn't even send the post card!

Everytime i try to send the post card i got a fail message .

I don't know what to do, to move again change my business name???

The answer from google Thanks for letting us know about getting your 24 Hour Locksmith Service business information up on Google Maps. We've looked at your account and it looks like your business is not eligible for display on Google Maps per our quality guidelines. Check out our quality guidelines at this link to see what types of businesses we're looking for on Google Maps.

While I understand that this can be frustrating, we want to make sure that your business identity is accurately represented on Google, which ultimately helps improve how real users and potential customers interact with your business in the online world.

If you have any questions about this information, feel free to respond to this email - I'm happy to help clarify!  Thank you for your understanding and have a great day!

Sincerely,
Yoi

Thank you,

Yaniv

https://business.google.com/b/114572315013229315967/add/verify/postcard/l/09214404666901125621?hl=en...

3 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Manoj S (Google Employee)
April 2016

Re: Can't verify google my business

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor
Hi Yaniv,
The answer is not another website. It's to clean up the online presence you already have.
"Just one, consistent website and online presence would be so much more trustworthy in Google's eyes."
And moving house won't fix that.

Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Margaret O · Google My Business Top Contributor

Find me on · · my blog

View solution in original post

Highlighted

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Yaniv

I've had a quick look around and can see why Google would suspend your listings. You're in an industry notorious for spamming. Some of what I saw would easily be interpreted as following the same behaviours as spammers.
I would encourage you to concentrate your efforts on just one website and just one page for your Google local presence.

Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Find me on · · my blog

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi Margaret ,

What you mean just one website?

I am trying to do it all over again , i couldn't even get them to send me the postcard....

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

this page: plus.google.com/+Locksmithlockportny24Hourlocksmith/ has the same contact number on the page and goes to a different website.
See image below.

locksmith.jpgAs well, the locksmith-buffalo site points to another google local page that has also been taken down. plus.google.com/+Locksmith-williamsville-ny/

There's also this YT video youtube.com/watch?v=KBV2V9oKjNg which points to yet another web site.  

I haven't looked any further - this took all of about 5 minutes to discover.

Just one, consistent website and online presence would be so much more trustworthy in Google's eyes.

Find me on · · my blog

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 5
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
Hello Margaret,

Thank you, so the answer is to build a new website?
Do you think I can still do it on the same address I am living right now?

Thank you,

Yaniv
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Manoj S (Google Employee)
April 2016

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor
Hi Yaniv,
The answer is not another website. It's to clean up the online presence you already have.
"Just one, consistent website and online presence would be so much more trustworthy in Google's eyes."
And moving house won't fix that.

Find me on · · my blog

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 7
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Imho, case is not solved. I have had similar situation and might not be solved for years. What exactly do you mean by ‘to clean up the online presence you already have’?
Google removed legitimate business – that is the one specific action. Your suggestion is vague, nothing specific. Cannot be executed, responsibility is avoided. And if there is no responsibility there is a space for a corruption.

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor

Hi Dimitri

Appreciate your feedback.
This particular situation had hallmarks along the line of what Google would consider a spammy listing. Whether intentional or accidental, the business needed to clean up the online presence to have one and only one business identity on the web (beyond just the GMB listing). several addresses in a short amount of time, creating new listings, multiple business names, etc do not help people or the bots get a clear and trustworthy understanding of the business.

The locksmith industry is incredibly competitive and unfortunately full of companies cheating legit businesses of space. In order to have a chance at a successful listing, the business owner needs to understand the guidelines and follow them carefully. The intention was not to be vague, rather to point the business owner in the direction of what needs to be done - a clean and clear "signal" for people and bots to follow.

To have given specific instructions on what needed to be done falls outside the realm of what a forum manned largely by volunteers is expected to cover.

Find me on · · my blog

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 9
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Again, you are avoiding give clear instructions because there is none! There is a specific algorithm by which ‘Google’ automatically marks listing as spam. However, real people, business owners do not have clear instructions how to detect and clear them. Even more, Google itself anchorage spam by automatically promoting creating Google Local Business listings with EACH Gmail account a user create.
Therefore, Google is the main source of spam and punish hard those people who obey Google suggestions! That is why the best policy, as many figure out, is ignore google altogether.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
That is probably the absolute worst response possible. "ignore google altogether" means ignoring 80% of your potential customers. I skimmed this thread and found the answer to be extremely clear and informative. Wherever you list your business on the internet should only have ONE website URL. For example, if you setup a Google+ or Google My Business and it points to www.locksmithexample.com then Yelp, Angie's List, BBB, etc should all have the exact same website URL for your business listing. Everywhere you declare your business online should have the exact same business information. By changing the physical address (which requires re-verification anyways) AND adding a new website, makes it look like a different business, but it has the same name. This looks like spam.

I have registered multiple different businesses and have had 0 issues. Claim the business, request a postcard and enter the verification code. Just make sure you use the same business information everywhere on the web. If business information changes, change it in every location on the internet you have and not just one or two.