# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

J&C Contractors Livingston Tx. 77351

1 Expert replyverified_user

Why does my add not show up on maps when searching for a service I offer

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

"Googling" your business to see your ads may not work for multiple reasons.  Mainly because if you are logged into your Google account, Google remembers you, your searches, and your clicks and may not think you are a good prospect for the ad.  You may be in the wrong location, your ad may have hit budget, and a lot of other reasons.  In fact, continuously searching your own ads (which obviously don't get clicks) can actually hurt your performance -- the algorithms may judge the ad to be ineffective.

While you can use the preview tool for Google search results from AdWords Express, there are really no equivalent built-in tools for Maps ads placement.

One of the biggest challenges I have as a consultant is convincing my clients that they need to determine what their results need to be (phone calls, site visits, form completions, etc) and then evaluating their success based on outcomes.  You need to trust the Views, Clicks, Calls, etc in the dashboard and that the AdWords system is trying to calculate the most effective places and circumstances to get a quality action on your click.