AdWords Express
5.8K members online now
5.8K members online now
Ask questions and get support with your AdWords Express campaigns
Guide Me
star_border

Why am I being directed to AdWords Express when I want to access my AdWords Campaign?

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,
I've set up a a AdWords Express campaign as well as 2 ads in AdWords.
Whenever I try to access AdWords it automatically links me to my AdWords Express campaign. Can you please advise and let me know what I need to to in order to access my AdWords campaign overview?
Thanks

2 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Sheila H
November 2016

Why am I being directed to AdWords Express when I want to access my AdWords Campaign?

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

Once you open an AdWords Express campaign, it seems to want to default to that in most accounts I have worked with.  

If you look and click around in the upper right corner of the screen, there is a drop-down you can click "Goto AdWords".  I don't have an account with that configuration in front of me right now to refer to, but it is in the upper right area.

Even Google reps I have spoken to have been perplexed by this.  One of them was able to over-ride it once, but usually they are unable to. Perhaps someone else has discovered a "fix" they can post.  But using that link, per above, will get you into full AdWords for now.  

Re: Why am I being directed to AdWords Express when I want to access my AdWords Campaign?

Rising Star
# 3
Rising Star

Hi Sheila,

Like Steve said, this is sadly a very common occurrence.

You will want to click the button with the three vertical dots in this screenshot and then click "View in AdWords"

Screen Shot 2016-11-03 at 5.30.40 AM.png

Best,

John

Rising Star
# 4
Rising Star

Hi Sheila,

In addition to the suggestions provided by Steve and John, you can contact AdWords support(phone). They will help to sidestep this so that you do not need to use this step every time you login.

Regards
Archit, AdWords Rising Star, Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Steve,

Thanks for your quick reply and your help.

I managed to get to AdWords :-)

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks a lot!

I found it :-)

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Can you tell me what page your on when you see the three dots? I don't have them as far as I can tell. This is super annoying :/

Rising Star
# 8
Rising Star

Hi @EDTAC A,

These 3 dots are available on the welcome screen of the UI where you have the option to select any particular platform(either AdWords express or AdWords).

Regards
Archit, AdWords Rising Star, Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Rising Star
# 9
Rising Star

Here's another handy tip:

In the url, replace express/plus/Plus? with cm/CampaignMgmt?authuser=0&

That will take you from AdWords Express into the regular AdWords UI.

Best,

John

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you! this is the only thing that has worked for me.