AdWords Express
2.6K members online now
2.6K members online now
Ask questions and get support with your AdWords Express campaigns
Guide Me
star_border

Why I am getting charged even for paused campaign?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Adwords is ripping me off in a similar manner. I've had some adds on adwords express set to inactive for months, yet they keep charging my credit card for them. Adwords and adwords express seem to be intentionally set up to rip customers off.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Why I am getting charged even for paused campaign?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @David S,

As a fellow advertiser (not a Google employee), I have not experienced such. AdWords or AdWords Express cannot charge an account without clicks or views being charted and logged against it. And an account cannot obtain clicks or views unless it is active. 

I would encourage you to contact AdWords support and have them look into your specific situation as it could be that the charges are for apps or other Google products you opted into with a trial version and then did not cancel... or something like this. There are a lot of Google products that uses a billing cycle. If you can reply back with the line item details on your credit card statement, I would be happy to assist in identifying the Google product. 

Please use this link and send a complaint directly to Google. And call Google AdWords/AdWords Express support directly at 1-866-246-6453, Monday-Friday from 9:00 am to 8:00 pm (EST). I would do both and get to the bottom of your concerns. 

Kind Regards,

James