AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

AdWords Express
1.5K members online now
1.5K members online now
Ask questions and get support with your AdWords Express campaigns
Guide Me
star_border

Suspicious traffic

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi everyone!

We set up three Adwords Express campaign and were surprised at the fact that, after a week, we had had 0 conversions.

After analyzing our paid traffic, we discovered the following:

-98% came from Android devices using Google Chrome. OTher platforms like iOS, MacOS and Windows usually represent around 10% of our traffic each.

-Only 40% were new sessions. More than half of our visitors came back to the site more than two times through the ad (which doesn't make sense, considering that our name does not trigger the ad)

-Most importantly, using Smartlook to track our users' behavior we saw that virtually all of these Android users would open our webpage and leave the tab open for a couple of minutes. We weren't able to find a single user who even scrolled for a second, let alone clicked one of our CTAs. They all left the page alone. 

How can we make sure this is normal? I've read about competitors using bots to hurt other campaigns. Could this be the case?

Thank you.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Suspicious traffic

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Santiago L,

It's hard to say with your findings without digging into various aspects of your account, advertising, website, and more.   

I think you would be best served to call support and have them access your account with you and go over your findings, account settings, ads, etc.. You can contact AdWords Express Support by calling 1-866-246-6453 Monday-Friday, 9:00 am to 8:00 pm (EST).

Kind Regards,

James