AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

AdWords Express
3.6K members online now
3.6K members online now
Ask questions and get support with your AdWords Express campaigns
Guide Me
star_border

Some categories in Adwords Express are not functioning at all. Is this a glitch?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have created an ad in Adwords Express in the "Appliance Repair" category.  It receives 0 views.  I have had to use the "Appliance Removal" category and heavily edit the search phrases to produce a less optimized result.  The same problem occurs using the category "Used Appliances".  Any thoughts?

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Ratan-Jha (Top Contributor)
April 2017

Some categories in Adwords Express are not functioning at all. Is this a glitch?

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi Tim,

Ultimately, you may have to switch to AdWords to get the full performance you want. Until then, you could try 1) making a new ad, which will offer up new options (that were not present 30+ days ago) and 2) try pausing everything for 24 hours and then enabling it. I have been able to bring positive change by doing so.

If you end up goign the route of AdWords, there are professionals that can manage it for you. The typical rate is 15-20% of the AdWords spend. Just visit Google Partners and then do a search for badged Google Partners in your city/region.

All the Best,

James 

View solution in original post

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Tim,

You can explore more about your ad audience with this Google AdWords Express Help File. And more about your search phrases here. Together they work to present your ad to your potential customers. If these are not working correctly, or optimally, for you... your performance will be greatly diminished. They need to be dialed in precisely.

I would suggest having support take a look at your account with you. You can also contact AdWords Express/AdWords Support and they can access your account with you and do a quick review of everything. Call 1-866-246-6453 Monday-Friday, 9:00 am to 8:00 pm (EST).

Kind Regards,

James

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I did.  I used to get over 1000 views per day in that category.  Out of nowhere, the "Appliance Repair" category dropped to 0 overnight.  I had the brains up at Google take a look, and they told me all was well.  C'est la vie...

I had to make the above adjustments to get a little traction back... I waited weeks for them to come back to me.  Only when I switched to "Appliance Removal" category to replace "Appliance Repair" did the views return - in an awkward way.  The day views returned, I got a prompt call from Google telling me everything was ok... Sure... but they were basing that opinion off the chage in categories.

Not sure what the best next steps are, considering I do rely on a portion of marketing from Google and ca't spend weeks with no ads.

I'd switch to regular Adwords, but can't dedicate the time to it.  I hope that's not the only optio, because the premise behind Adwords Express is decent - especially for time management.

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Ratan-Jha (Top Contributor)
April 2017

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi Tim,

Ultimately, you may have to switch to AdWords to get the full performance you want. Until then, you could try 1) making a new ad, which will offer up new options (that were not present 30+ days ago) and 2) try pausing everything for 24 hours and then enabling it. I have been able to bring positive change by doing so.

If you end up goign the route of AdWords, there are professionals that can manage it for you. The typical rate is 15-20% of the AdWords spend. Just visit Google Partners and then do a search for badged Google Partners in your city/region.

All the Best,

James