AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

AdWords Express
2.5K members online now
2.5K members online now
Ask questions and get support with your AdWords Express campaigns
Guide Me
star_border

Received an "AdWSords Express Ad Disapproval Notice". trying to do everything right.

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Clicks to website are not registering in desktop. Have tried several different combinations, all no-go. So, Goggle "hammer" comes down. Help and contact is just one big loop ...but billing is still debiting account without a hitch.

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Paul T
November 2016

Received an "AdWSords Express Ad Disapproval Notice". trying to do everything right.

Google Employee
# 5
Google Employee

Hi @Paul T ,

Welcome to AdWords Express Community. I will be more than happy to help you here with reference to the query posted so that it can be helpful for you to understand and implement the same.

Looking into your forwarded email I see the Ads were automatically disapproved for Destination not working issue which generally means the Google bot was not able to crawl the landing page of your website. In this scenario we have two ways of getting the ads approved.

Scenario 1 : We need to check the website is running or not, and checking the developer tools.  To check the developer we need to click on the options tab in the browser (Generally three parallel lines on the top right corner) then select developer tools, click on the Networks tab under that and refresh the website, if there are any errors or any specific page under the website is not functioning it will show you in red color. We need to fix those errors by contacting a webmaster to get the ads approved.

Scenario 2: If we see the website is functioning perfectly and there are no errors, it might be possible that when the Google bits were crawling it did not respond but it got fixed automatically. In this situation, we just need to make a slight change change in the ad text or just edit the text in the ad by a word or a period sign, it will take the ads under review to get them approved.

Hope this helps you in getting the issue fixed.

Please write back to us anytime we would be glad to get in touch with you.

Siddhant Sooji - AdWords Express Community Manager

View solution in original post

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Paul T,

What did the email state as the issue for the disapproved ad

Your ad text includes a link to your website or Google+ page, as well as a text description or promotion of your product or service.

• AdWords Express ads include a title that's also a clickable link to your webpage, one or two lines of text, and your website address.
  • Here are a few things that great ads do: highlight what makes your business or product unique; include prices, promotions, or exclusive offers; have a clear call to action; and use at least one of your keywords in your ad text.

Do you have the right address listed for your G+ page or website? Do you have ads structured properly

Please let us know so that we can assist further. We are here to help.

Kind Regards,

James

Re: Received Ad (Reply)

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
MU-Outlook-E-Mail-Layout-(Apr-2014)

Hi James,
Thank you for the reply; I really did not expect one.

Here's a copy of the email I received from Google AdWords:

Hello,
Your ad isn't running right now because it's disapproved for violating
Google's advertising policies. If you address the policy violations below,
we'll take a look and see if it can start running again.

=====================
Policy violations
=====================
Destination not working: To help make sure that our ads are relevant,
useful, and easy to interact with, we don't allow ads to link to broken
pages. For example, your landing page can't be under construction or down
for maintenance. To run your ad, make sure that you entered the right
destination parameters and that your site works properly for all browsers,
across all locations.

If you use App engagement ads, check if you have set up your deep link URL
correctly and that you are not using a 3rd party redirect URL. This is not
supported for app engagement ads.

See the policy to learn how to fix your ad:
https://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/answer/6368661#673

Destination mismatch: To help make sure that our ads are relevant, useful,
and easy to interact with, ads need to accurately show what website they'll
take people to. For example, your display URL needs to accurately reflect
the URL of your website and be a viable web address that is part of your
ad's destination domain. Check your spelling and symbols for accuracy, and
be sure your display URL does not contain an extraneous 'http://'
or 'https://'.

If you have entered a final URL for your ad, the domain of your display URL
needs to reflect the final URL that you have specified.

If you are using App promotion ads, make sure that your ad takes the user to
the right app on the right app store. App promotion ads cannot take users to
non Play or iTunes pages.
href="https://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/answer/6368661#672">See the
policy

=====================
What you can do
=====================

Sign in to AdWords Express at https://adwords.google.com/express to fix your
ad. For instructions, visit our help center:
https://support.google.com/adwords/express/answer/6010162

Please don't submit your ad for review until you're sure that you fixed all
the violations. This is important because if your ad repeatedly violates our
advertising policies, your AdWords Express account could be suspended so
that your ads would no longer run.

=====================
What happens next
=====================

Your ad will be automatically sent to us for review when you address the
policy violations. We'll review it as soon as we can -- most ads are
reviewed within 1 business day, but some can take longer if they require
more complex review.

Sincerely,
AdWords Express Team

Unfortunately, I am a designer and not a "code guy", so I don't understand
all that's going on. But I think all was okay till I moved my web site from
GoDaddy to Wix, necessitating the use of a http:// address pointing from my
GoDaddy hosted domain name to the Wix server. That seems to be that start of
my troubles .as far as I can tell. Thanks again for your response and help.

Best, Paul

Re: Received Ad (Reply)

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi @Paul T,

You are very welcome. We do care about your AdWords Express experience and there is a great team here to provide assistance. 

Unfortunately, I am a designer and not a "code guy", so I don't understand
all that's going on. But I think all was okay till I moved my web site from
GoDaddy to Wix, necessitating the use of a http:// address pointing from my
GoDaddy hosted domain name to the Wix server. That seems to be that start of
my troubles .as far as I can tell. Thanks again for your response and help.

Best, Paul

Let's talk about this a little more. 

When advertising is running with AdWords Express, the website has to always be accessible by all of the Google AdBots and Google Servers from all over the world. When it hits a page that it cannot access, it triggers the disapproval you received. Why is this? To preserve your money, since each click costs you money... and to preserve the integrity of the platform, since shoppers that click on a ad does expect to land at the destination with actual, relevant content.

So, as a fellow advertising agency and web developer, what I do is always pause ads when server reworks are under way and then adjust the landing page URL in the ad (if required) and then resume the ad. Sometimes it is good practice to copy and paste each ad URL into a browser and see where it goes. Pretend you are a shopper and see an ad for pizza. Read your ad and then copy & paste the URL into a web browser and review your webpage. Does the ad and landing page (ad URL) all work in perfect harmony? It should.

Google provides a great link to help you get back going. See the policy to learn how to fix your ad:
https://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/answer/6368661#673

Once you know the ad URL is working as it should, you can resubmit your ad and things will be great again. Sign in to AdWords Express at https://adwords.google.com/express to fix your ad. For instructions, visit our help center:
https://support.google.com/adwords/express/answer/6010162

Please don't submit your ad for review until you're sure that you fixed all the violations. This is important because if your ad repeatedly violates our advertising policies, your AdWords Express account could be suspended so that your ads would no longer run.

You should also be using Google Analytics and Google Search Console to better understand what is happening with your website. Set up 301 redirects for any pages that were renamed, which will keep your traffic and SEO history intact. 

The AdWords Express team here in this community is here to help further, if needed. Please just let us know how we can do that, if needed.

Kind Regards,

James

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Paul T
November 2016

Google Employee
# 5
Google Employee

Hi @Paul T ,

Welcome to AdWords Express Community. I will be more than happy to help you here with reference to the query posted so that it can be helpful for you to understand and implement the same.

Looking into your forwarded email I see the Ads were automatically disapproved for Destination not working issue which generally means the Google bot was not able to crawl the landing page of your website. In this scenario we have two ways of getting the ads approved.

Scenario 1 : We need to check the website is running or not, and checking the developer tools.  To check the developer we need to click on the options tab in the browser (Generally three parallel lines on the top right corner) then select developer tools, click on the Networks tab under that and refresh the website, if there are any errors or any specific page under the website is not functioning it will show you in red color. We need to fix those errors by contacting a webmaster to get the ads approved.

Scenario 2: If we see the website is functioning perfectly and there are no errors, it might be possible that when the Google bits were crawling it did not respond but it got fixed automatically. In this situation, we just need to make a slight change change in the ad text or just edit the text in the ad by a word or a period sign, it will take the ads under review to get them approved.

Hope this helps you in getting the issue fixed.

Please write back to us anytime we would be glad to get in touch with you.

Siddhant Sooji - AdWords Express Community Manager