Ask questions and get support with your AdWords Express campaigns
Guide Me
star_border

Phone number on Adword Express

[ Edited ]
N/A
# 1
N/A

Hi there, when I look at the advert as it appears the phone number is coming up 03xx xxx xxxx and i cant tell if this is what the customer would see or whether they would see our actual number? For me the final proof wouldnt have the 03xx number it would show the actual number so it was clear? Thanks, Karen

2 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi,

It would depend on how you set up your account. Do you have a tracking number provided for your business? 

If needed, you should contact support and have them review your account with you and determine how you are using AdWords Express. You can also request from them to remove a phone number completely and simply use the click action only. 

Kind Regards,

James

Rising Star
# 3
Rising Star

Let me add to the previous answer:

The XXXX is just a formatting display.  In the Ad Dashboard, look at your ad.  Click on the three grey dots in the upper-right corner and select "Edit phone number."

This brings up your Call Settings -- and you will see the phone number that will appear in your ad.

If call verification is available in your locale, you will have the option to "Turn on verified calls" - and a tracking number that forwards to your number will appear in your ads.

With it off, they see your real number.  With it on, they see a tracking number.