Ask questions and get support with your AdWords Express campaigns
Guide Me
star_border

My google adwords express account is not working

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

It worked then stopped, states the following - our promotion is not running because your ad was disapproved. - Disapproval reason: Destination not working. Now I use wix.com for my website, the ad was live and it worked i even clicked on it, now its been deactivated twice now in the past 2 days, what is happening???

1 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Graeme M,

Are you still having issues with this?

Have you looked at your AdWords Express account and verified that the landing page of each ad is correct and accessible at all times? Have you verified that your website is not having technical issues that are random and not present when you are checking it? 

Please note that your website's landing pages for your ads must be accessible at all times and from all locations around the world. Sometimes a hosting package blocks traffic from one country without realizing that Google's Adbots & servers are located all over and needs to be able to view the website's landing pages. 

Kind Regards,

James

Re: My google adwords express account is not working

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi James,

Yes still have issues with this.

It keeps saying Your promotion is not running because your ad was
disapproved - disapproval reason destination not working.

The site is live and when the ad forst went live it worked when i pressed
on it.

Its had 5 views and 1 click from me see attached pic.

Im unsure as to why its stopped working.

Are you able to help?

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi @Graeme M,

We can provide some level of assistance here, but we cannot see or access accounts in any way as only Support can do that. 

Have you looked at your AdWords Express account and verified that the landing page of each ad is correct and accessible at all times? Have you verified that your website is not having technical issues that are random and not present when you are checking it? 

Even if things worked at first, you need to dig into your account and see what is happening with everything now. When you get the alert that you did, it is telling you that destination is not working, which means the webpage that your ad is pointed it (the landing page) is or did have some issue accepting the Google adbot.

Do you have you website set up with Google Analytics and Google Search Console? These can help you understand more about your website function. You can also contact your website hosting provider and ask them to verify that the site is not blocking any traffic and that the site is fully functional.

You can also contact AdWords Express/AdWords Support and they can access your account with you and walk you through any issues. Call 1-866-246-6453 Monday-Friday, 9:00 am to 8:00 pm (EST).

Kind Regards,

James 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hey James,

How do I change from adwords express to just adwords?

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Hi @Graeme M,

There are two ways to switch over. 

1) You can click the 3 vertical dots in the header at the right hand side and click "view in adwords".
You will be able to access your AdWords Express account in AdWords with the same log in info. You will have some work in front of you to rework your campaigns and put all of the many, many features of AdWords to work. Quality score is really important and it can only be at a good level by utilizing much of the features. 

2) Some accounts do not have the dots and cannot be manually migrated. In this case, you have to contact support and they will do it for you. You can call 866-246-6453, Monday - Friday from 9am to 8 pm EST. 

Your web browser cache may need to be cleared, since the cookie (and history) and auto fill option will be present for AdWords Expres, which can sometimes take over visiting AdWords. This is the actual link to AdWords: https://www.google.com/adwords/

And you should start reviewing AdWords Best Practices. The two products (AdWords and AdWords Express) are very different products and work night & day from one another. I cannot stress this enough. 

Kind Regards,

James