AdWords Express
5.4K members online now
5.4K members online now
Ask questions and get support with your AdWords Express campaigns
Guide Me
star_border

Just turned our adwords express account back on, was on vacation. First click and billed almost 10?

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

One click almost 10 dollar charge? That's not right.

2 Expert replyverified_user

Just turned our adwords express account back on, was on vacation. First click and billed almost 10?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

It's obvious now that Google will raise your per click charge to reach your budget if you have your ad turned off for part of the month. That's bad business Google. Not going to play this game if you keep this up.

Rising Star
# 3
Rising Star

Actually, your budget is monthly, not daily. see https://support.google.com/adwords/express/answer/2569613

"With AdWords Express, you'll set a daily average or maximum monthly budget for each ad. The system will aim to show your ads as much as possible until your maximum monthly budget is met."

If you need daily control, you need to switch to AdWords.

Re: Just turned our adwords express account back on, was on vacation. First click and billed almost

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I understand all of that. My point is that when I'm running the ad for a shorter period of time for the month, Google raises the cost per click considerably in order to reach the monthly set budget.

Sent from my iPhone

Re: Just turned our adwords express account back on, was on vacation. First click and billed almost

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Hi @Brian M,

Phillip provided the correct information for your help inquiry, to which we all appreciate.

If you are wanting to merely vent publicly, and are not seeking assistance with anything, there is not much any of us can say that will be correct. 

If you are wanting to vent to the AdWords Express support team and have them look at your account with you, and see if there is something more going on, please do contact support. Only they can look at your account with you and determine what is what.

For the record, some clicks cost $18.00 (or much more) and others cost $0.23 (or less). There are a lot of factors to consider and assess to form an opinion as to the what and why. 

All the Best,

James