6.9K members online now
Ask questions and get support with your AdWords Express campaigns
Guide Me
star_border

Invalid Phone Number

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Help! When creating my first ad in AdWords Express I entered a number 1 in front of the phone number and the ad received a disapproval I assume because the number on the website doesn't have a 1 in front of it. How do I change the phone number without creating a new ad?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Invalid Phone Number

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Charlie C,

You should first start with looking at the business information associated with your AdWords Express account and make sure it does not include the 1 in the phone number. Your phone number should be XXX-XXX-XXXX.

When you start advertising with AdWords Express, we’ll look for and add any businesses you may have already added with Google My Business. You can also add your business information directly to AdWords Express. You can see what product you used to enter your business info by looking at the icon next to your business information in AdWords Express.

1. Sign into your AdWords Express account.
  2. Click the Menu button menu at the top.
  3. Make sure the business you're looking for appears at the top of the "My business" drop-down menu. If not, click the name of the business, and then click the Menu button menu again at the top.
  4. Click Business info.
  5. Click Edit business info in the "Your business info" card.

If you're editing a Google My Business page, the link will take you to Google My Business.

6. Edit your business info as needed, and then click Save.

This should update the ads, too, since the ads pull the data from your associated business. You should verify that they are changed by reviewing them. 

Please let us know how things go.

Kind Regards,

James