AdWords Express
3.8K members online now
3.8K members online now
Ask questions and get support with your AdWords Express campaigns
Guide Me
star_border

I am trying to change the URL in my Google AdWord Express ad but it is not updating to the new url

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I go to the edit screen of my existing Google AdWord Express Ad and change the URL and hit save. However, the URL does not seem to change. Any ideas?

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Trevor_Stewart (Top Contributor)
November 2016

I am trying to change the URL in my Google AdWord Express ad but it is not updating to the new url

Google Employee
# 3
Google Employee

Hi Bill,

Thank you for posting your question/concern on the AdWords Express Community, I will be more than happy to share my expertise with you so that it can be helpful for you to make the changes.

Firstly, we need to see whether the AdWords Express ads created are connected to or linked with Google My business or not. If they are Google My Business linked then we will have to change the URL on the Google My Business page by following the steps here  or contact Google My Business support by clicking here. Once it is updated then we can enter the URL we wish to, to get the ads set up.

We can see the Google My business account is linked to an AdWords Express ad by clicking the three parallel lines on the top left corner on the AdWords Express page. Use the link AdWords.google.com/Express to login and hit the three lines and search for the Business info option on the left side. If it is linked then it will give you an option to edit the information and if it is not linked it will show learn more.

Learn more on linking here .

I hope this suffices to the request made and can help you in the future as well.

Let us know if you have any more concerns, we would love to hear from you again.

Siddhant Sooji - AdWords Express Community Manager

View solution in original post

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Bill Z,

AdWords Express is a limited-feature product of the AdWords family. When you change the landing page URL, you should pause the old ad and recreate a new one with the new landing page URL.

Kind Regards,

James

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Trevor_Stewart (Top Contributor)
November 2016

Google Employee
# 3
Google Employee

Hi Bill,

Thank you for posting your question/concern on the AdWords Express Community, I will be more than happy to share my expertise with you so that it can be helpful for you to make the changes.

Firstly, we need to see whether the AdWords Express ads created are connected to or linked with Google My business or not. If they are Google My Business linked then we will have to change the URL on the Google My Business page by following the steps here  or contact Google My Business support by clicking here. Once it is updated then we can enter the URL we wish to, to get the ads set up.

We can see the Google My business account is linked to an AdWords Express ad by clicking the three parallel lines on the top left corner on the AdWords Express page. Use the link AdWords.google.com/Express to login and hit the three lines and search for the Business info option on the left side. If it is linked then it will give you an option to edit the information and if it is not linked it will show learn more.

Learn more on linking here .

I hope this suffices to the request made and can help you in the future as well.

Let us know if you have any more concerns, we would love to hear from you again.

Siddhant Sooji - AdWords Express Community Manager