AdWords Express
2.3K members online now
2.3K members online now
Ask questions and get support with your AdWords Express campaigns
Guide Me
star_border

How do I limit my Google Adwords Express ad to specific devices?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

It seems a little strange that you cannot access your google adwords express ads in the google adwords backend. I recently posted a question about this, but there was no place to reply to the answer so I'm starting a new thread.

Also, how do I CONTACT Google adwords support? Every time I click the help links or the call/chat links it takes me to a page that gives me suggestions but not contact information.

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Archit (Rising Star)
March 2017

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi @Chris S,

Welcome to the AdWords Express community. 

AdWords Express is a completely different product and therefore it would create many issues connecting it to AdWords. It's as different as baseball to basketball. This is why you cannot access it via the AdWords interface. However, agencies that work with both advertising platforms typically utilize an AdWords Manager Account (old name: My Client Center/MCC), which does allow management of both platforms. 

With AdWords Express, device targeting is handled by the system. Remember that pretty much everything you know about AdWords needs to be forgotten with AdWords Express. To learn more about AdWords Express, you can explore this information. You can have some things more tailored to your specific wants/needs by talking with support. They can adjust account settings in ways a user cannot manually. 

If you need to contact support from within AdWords Express, click on the three dots in the upper right hand corner or simply call 1-866-2GOOGLE (246-6453), 9am - 8pm Monday-Friday. Be sure to have your account open in front of you to provide account info to them and/or allow them to access your account with you. 

All the Best,

View solution in original post

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Moving this to AdWords Express category.

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Archit (Rising Star)
March 2017

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi @Chris S,

Welcome to the AdWords Express community. 

AdWords Express is a completely different product and therefore it would create many issues connecting it to AdWords. It's as different as baseball to basketball. This is why you cannot access it via the AdWords interface. However, agencies that work with both advertising platforms typically utilize an AdWords Manager Account (old name: My Client Center/MCC), which does allow management of both platforms. 

With AdWords Express, device targeting is handled by the system. Remember that pretty much everything you know about AdWords needs to be forgotten with AdWords Express. To learn more about AdWords Express, you can explore this information. You can have some things more tailored to your specific wants/needs by talking with support. They can adjust account settings in ways a user cannot manually. 

If you need to contact support from within AdWords Express, click on the three dots in the upper right hand corner or simply call 1-866-2GOOGLE (246-6453), 9am - 8pm Monday-Friday. Be sure to have your account open in front of you to provide account info to them and/or allow them to access your account with you. 

All the Best,

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

1-866-246-6453

I had this same problem - in early Jan, setup a new Adwords account, but redirected and forced to use Adwords Express first & forced to setup an Ad & billing info which improperly billed for this hidden ad.

If you've experienced this, Call 

1-866-246-6453

Ask for a supervisor

Explain you were forced into Adwords Express & inappropriately billed. Of course, they don't give refunds (because they're broke @ at a net worth of $498,000,000,000 USD) but they will give you $100 credit towards further ads which can be used in Adwords. Don't expect an apology.

---The Shtick:

NOWHERE was it discerned that Express is separate from Adwords, therefore I was billed for the forced AE ad. After noticing charges on my card 3 months & $290 later for an ad that read "Headline - www.mysite.com", I called explaining:

-Forced to use AE to setup an Adwords account

-No due diligence explaining that AE is separate than Adwords

-The AE control panel is totally separate from Adwords, therefore you can login to adwords & NOT SEE ANY of the AE account settings

-From the adwords control panel, it's a hidden/very odd link to switch to the AE control panel, thusly hiding AE & allowing those charges to build up.

This is a very dismissive and obstructive setup of AE by Google, with no due diligence discerning the difference and certainly has cost others a large amt of money. The Adwords rep denied my claim of being forced to setup AE to get an Adwords account, and also claimed that I should have asked or magically known that their recent change forced a person to setup an AE account & hiding it. If not on purpose, the disregard for streamlining & transparency to customers using this is a violable and systematically dysfunctional display of negligence to customer usability.

Enjoy the free $270, Google. Don't Be Evil; Evil can happen from ignorance just as well as purposefully.