AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

AdWords Express
2K members online now
2K members online now
Ask questions and get support with your AdWords Express campaigns
Guide Me
star_border

How do I exclude specific countries for my Google Adwords Express ads?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Deal All,

I'm interested in finding a solution to the below problem. Although I chose the countries I want my AdWords Express ad to appear, I keep getting queries from countries the ad shouldn't be displayed at all. To give you more background: the ad is to be shown in Europe and the US, but the emails and queries have arrived from Africa, India and Bangladesh.

Could you please advise how I could exclude those locations?

Many thanks and best wishes,

Krisztina

Digital Marketing Coordinator

Otra Cosa Network

1 Expert replyverified_user

How do I exclude specific countries for my Google Adwords Express ads?

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Krisztina S,

Geographic targeting (where your ad can appear)

AdWords Express uses the following methods to determine the geographic locations where your ads can appear:

• Targeted locations: Your ads can appear for people who are located within the geographic area that you've chosen to target. You can contact the Support team to request that your ads show only in your targeted locations.
  • Names of locations in searches: Some of your potential customers aren't located within your targeted area, but they might include words related to your location in their searches, such as postal codes or the names of nearby cities. If they show interest in businesses like yours in your geographic area, we may show your ads to these customers who are outside of your targeted area.

You will need to contact AdWords Express support and go over the situation and request that they only show your ad in your specified locations. Call 1-866-246-6453 Monday-Friday, 9:00 am to 8:00 pm (EST).

Kind Regards,

James