AdWords Express
2.4K members online now
2.4K members online now
Ask questions and get support with your AdWords Express campaigns
Guide Me
star_border

How can we remove a libellous description from our search description for Hastings Independent Press

[ Edited ]
B H
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
B H
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I am part of a team that produces an independent community newspaper.
When the name is searched a description stating that we are a local left-wing free newspaper and online publication which publishes information that is anti-Brexit, and anti-Donald Trump.
This description is against the principals of the the paper as we aim to remain independent and print articles from all sections of the community. The description has lost us both contributors and advertising revenue. How can we get this changed, also can we identify who posted this description in the first place?

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by James_Clemens (Top Contributor)
January 2017

How can we remove a libellous description from our search description for Hastings Independent Press

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

This is not in the correct category - but I'll help with this (not a Google employee, just a volunteer).  That description came from your own website.  It is not there now, but when I view source I see that you are on a very old version of WordPress.  You need to upgrade immediately, and research WordPress security best practices.

You should also ask Google to refresh your snippet - see https://support.google.com/webmasters/answer/7041154 to get rid of the current cache.

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by James_Clemens (Top Contributor)
January 2017

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

This is not in the correct category - but I'll help with this (not a Google employee, just a volunteer).  That description came from your own website.  It is not there now, but when I view source I see that you are on a very old version of WordPress.  You need to upgrade immediately, and research WordPress security best practices.

You should also ask Google to refresh your snippet - see https://support.google.com/webmasters/answer/7041154 to get rid of the current cache.