AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

AdWords Express
1.7K members online now
1.7K members online now
Ask questions and get support with your AdWords Express campaigns
Guide Me
star_border

Google has been saying for almost a month now that the phone number in the ads doesn't work

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I've been dealing with Support for almost a month. They say there is a system wide problem that causes misdirected calls, wrong numbers, and hangups on the calls from the add to our business line. Anyone else having this issue? They say they have no idea when it will be fixed. Yikes!

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Google has been saying for almost a month now that the phone number in the ads doesn't work

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @John J,

We are sorry to hear of this happening for you. I have fielded 2-3 help inquiries on similar issues over the past month, so we have not seen too much activity here with such an issue. I would suggest keeping in touch with Support as they will know first what is happening with your specific situation. 

All the Best,

James

Google has been saying for almost a month now that the phone number in the ads doesn't work

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

They are saying that it is a system wide issue.  Since you are not hearing of it much is that not the case?

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi @John J,

I would go by what support is informing you of. They know what they are encountering. Just give them time to work through the proper processes for the correct outcome. 

Kind Regards,

James