2.8K members online now
Ask questions and get support with your AdWords Express campaigns
Guide Me
star_border

Card payment issues

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have added my new active debit card that has funds availble multipule times and deleted my old card. I get emails saying my ads are now running after i "update" my card info, then the same day im sent email saying my ads have stoped and to update billing method. This can sometimes happen 2-6 times in one day AND has neen a constant issue for weeks. Im at my wits end trying to understand why the heck this keeps happening. My new card is active, my card is from a legit/well known bank. I have way more then enough money to pay for my ads. I put enter all information needed when updating pay method correctly and tripple check to make sure... Idk whats happening. Any advice would be amazing. 

1 Expert replyverified_user

Card payment issues

Google Employee
# 2
Google Employee

Hi Vail, that seems a weird. Are you sure that you have put right details about your credit card and not mistyped anything like expiration date or billing address or something similar? If all that is correct, next step would be to login and check your billing history in AdWords. Make sure that the payment has been processed successfully past few times. If that also looks ok, then call support or fill form https://support.google.com/adwords/express/contact/.

If payment does not seems to have gone through (myriad possible reasons), check if AdWords gives you a reason for the failure of transactions. Sometimes it will say like funds insufficient or transaction declined due to "reason x..y..z". That might be your problem.

If there is text like "No reason provided by your bank" or something of that nature, I would recommend to get in touch with your bank and check why the transaction did not go through. Due to consumer protection mechanisms, banks sometimes just declines payments to prevent fraud. Only your bank would know about it.