AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

AdWords Express
4.7K members online now
4.7K members online now
Ask questions and get support with your AdWords Express campaigns
Guide Me
star_border

Can't see my ad in AdWords Express

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

I have an ad running on AdWords Express, but I just can't see it on Google search results, even when I use the preview tool.

From the dashboard, I can see my ad is being viewed and getting clicks, but I can't see it in the search results - not even once.

I am in the right location, my ad is set to run all the time and my budget is what was recommended. What could be the problem?

Please advice.

Gulam

2 Expert replyverified_user

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

There are lots of reasons a particular search won't return your ad - even when using the preview tool.  Have you tied AdWords Express to Google Analytics?  Do you see paid search traffic?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Philip,

Thanks for your reply.

I haven't actually tied them, this is because I have my website (which my ad is pointing to) running for some time and have google analytics under a different gmail account. However, in analytics I have seen an increase of traffic from the time I started Adwords Express. My point was why can't I see the ad? - I wanted to see where exactly it appears whenever my potential customer tries to search. Whenever I do a search (every single time), I get my competitors listing on the top (the same ones and in the same order). What do I have to do to get there?

Google Employee
# 4
Google Employee

The manner in which the ad is shown to a user is not simple, it depends on many factors like how well the ad matches to the user's interest, where is the geo-targeting, keywords, budget competition on those keywords, etc. Google automatically chooses the best users to show your ads. So even if you dont see your own ad when you search for it, don't worry, its there. Monitor your website visits and conversion rates closely to see they align with your Ads.